ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Most Looking Forward To?

View previous topic :: View next topic  

What are you looking forward to the most?
The Improved Graphics
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
The Innovative Controller
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
New Mario, Donkey Kong, Metroid & Zelda Games
44%
 44%  [ 4 ]
Emulating Games From Older Consoles
55%
 55%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 9

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 11:41 am    Post subject: Most Looking Forward To? Reply with quote Back to top

What are you most looking forward to about the Nintendo Revolution?
It may sound silly to some, but the fact that GoldenEye may be emulated on the new system makes me all the more amped up to buy one. The fact that it's another "Next-Gen" console doesn't much interest me. But with the greater processing power and graphic enhancements that a game like GoldenEye could see on the Revolution could make it an entirely new gaming experience, even to veteran players. With talk of online play, increased framerate, better visuals, and hacking, this could make the greatest N64 First-Person Shooter the best FPS of the new generation. Wouldn't it be incredible if kids shut off their Halo 2 to play GoldenEye? If everything goes smoothly, it just might happen. Smile

GE MASTER
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

GoldenEye is the main point of interest for me...surprise suprise! If that's not part of the system, I would say the controller would be my next reason for getting it. Price, it's going to be lower than the rest is also a huge aspect for me. The odd controller though is what has me excited though.

clowns789
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 1:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Most Looking Forward To? Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck wrote:
But with the greater processing power and graphic enhancements that a game like GoldenEye could see on the Revolution could make it an entirely new gaming experience, even to veteran players

Too bad there's something called a computer.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
kcghost
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hey! This audience is biased! Im the one who voted for new games, mostly because im really excited about the new Zelda game, although it will be for Gamecube, it has the same release date as the Revolution and the Revolution is backwards compatible. Emullting the Classics is pretty cool, but I dont think its anywhere near the main feature of the console. Must ... have ... new ... Zelda ... Game!

I have been playing Ocarina of Time lately. More specifically Master Quest, found a hacked ROM for N64. Beat it, kicks ass. Gotta love that Game, lol.

The controller is supposed to be awesome. I am really looking foward to trying it, although it will be the main tease by gamers of other consoles. I remember after the Gamecube and Xbox, me and some idiot were discussing which was better. He made a comment about how small the discs are, and that they cant hold as much space as the Xbox ones. (For those who dont know, I believe the Gamecube discs they hold more)

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 2:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Most Looking Forward To? Reply with quote Back to top

clowns789 wrote:
Too bad there's something called a computer.

Surely most of us can emulate games on our computers, but not everyone has a powerful enough one to run certain games at a good framerate. One of them is GoldenEye. It plays so poorly on my PC that it often crashes it. The Revolution is designed to handle next-gen games, so emulating N64 titles should be an easy task for the console to handle. You'll also be able to use controllers, as opposed to a keyboard. Yes, you can use an N64 joystick on your computer, but it's becoming more difficult to locate the adapters. Not only that, they're expensive to boot. I'd rather play it on a video gaming system any day. Especially one that is being designed for emulation.

zerojett
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 5:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Most Looking Forward To? Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck wrote:

Surely most of us can emulate games on our computers, but not everyone has a powerful enough one to run certain games at a good framerate. One of them is GoldenEye. It plays so poorly on my PC that it often crashes it.

mine crashes very seldom. then again, my pc is new. yeah... i quite like it.
still, the revolution will pwn all other consoles to date! especialy with the download and play thing. i hope it is not something like what the ds had. that might make me mad... and you wont like me when i am mad...

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Gold_N_Eye
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I voted for the new games especially because of the Metroid Series which is exceptional. I also could have voted the innovational controller because I cannot wait to play fps with that controller. Lastly, I also could have voted for old emulated games because I would be histeric if Goldeneye is downloadable and has online compatibility.

Therefore, your options in the poll are all good answers Very Happy

D.J Cat
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The whole package really.

The news games are always what its about, but this time around they honestly seem more exciting then last time around.
Mario Galaxy, Super Smash Bros Brawl (oh yes!) , New Metroid, New Zelda (I've been waiting a long time for this one, pre ordered it in January) and just about any other game.

Then there is the backwards compatible games, and the downloadable classics.
I am so looking foward to playing SNES classics that I played when I was young, such as Mario Paint, Sim City, Mario Allstars, Super MArio World 2: Yoshi's Island and more.

Online play will be alright I hope, for new games and maybe evn classic games...
I could challeneg people in N64 games that I could never challeneg before, I've always wanted to vs someone really good at ISS64, 98 or 2000, Bomberman 64, Snowboard Kids... GOLDENEYE.

Better graphics?
Meh thats fine but not really nessasery, but its always a bonus.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Gold_N_Eye
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

D.J Cat wrote:
The whole package really.

The news games are always what its about, but this time around they honestly seem more exciting then last time around.
Mario Galaxy, Super Smash Bros Brawl (oh yes!) , New Metroid, New Zelda (I've been waiting a long time for this one, pre ordered it in January) and just about any other game.

Then there is the backwards compatible games, and the downloadable classics.
I am so looking foward to playing SNES classics that I played when I was young, such as Mario Paint, Sim City, Mario Allstars, Super MArio World 2: Yoshi's Island and more.

Online play will be alright I hope, for new games and maybe evn classic games...
I could challeneg people in N64 games that I could never challeneg before, I've always wanted to vs someone really good at ISS64, 98 or 2000, Bomberman 64, Snowboard Kids... GOLDENEYE.

Better graphics?
Meh thats fine but not really nessasery, but its always a bonus

That is why Nintendo concentrate themselves on gameplay and innovation and that is what matters when purchasing a new console and new games. Graphics are second in my list.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Game-On! All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: