ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

New farfetched idea - TWINE in GE Engine

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 2:51 pm    Post subject: New farfetched idea - TWINE in GE Engine Reply with quote Back to top

I spent like 2 minutes playing TWINE on N64 last night before I couldn't tolerate that complete and utter bollocks of a game.

So...what if we made a version based on the movie of TWINE using the Setup Editor and the Goldeneye ROM/engine. I do need to hack out a bit easier time of doing maps and figure out modelling for objects, and the textures need to be incorporated, but I think it can be done. I'm not going to base it on the game TWINE, prob rewatch the movie and design levels.

So it's like years off, but just throwing it out there. Basically, this will give a taste of what TWINE could've been had Rare done it...

MultiplayerX

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

funny you should mention this. you know it would be pretty bad ass to incorporate the level editor into twines' rom to use the solo levels as multi's. I have to admit....the levels themselves are very well designed and have a GE mood. we could just make the gameplay better. Cool

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I've been interested in doing something similar, but with another Bond movie. The Tomorrow Never Dies game was an even bigger P.O.S. than The World Is Not Enough. After reading the novel and watching the film a few times, the thought of making it into a First-Person Shooter, using either GoldenEye or Perfect Dark, is greatly intriguing. I have even spent some time thinking up missions, researching weapons, looking up vehicles, and imagining gadgets. TWINE has already been done in FPS form, but TND hasn't. I suppose it is more of a personal preference, depending on which film you like better.

Are we talking about porting, or creating from scratch based on the movie? You know I'm interested, without a doubt. It's a project that would take much time to complete, but I'm there, if you'd like my assistance.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I wasn't sure. I'm a bad modeller, so at first it'd prob be porting TWINE. Anyways this is a far-fetched dream and I do not know if I'll ever really do, but it's something cool.

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Bumping this topic to say I love this idea, I didn't really like TWINE and it's been so long I don't even remember the maps, but the idea of playing another game's maps in Goldeneye gets me pretty excited.

moonraker808
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

This may seem wierd, but I loved twine. It was a complete change from goldeneye however. I liked the change in style. I think porting the game would be awsome though! If you could do that subdrag, it would be definatly a good idea. Even though I like twine for it's bots in multi player, goldeneye was the better game.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: