ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

New Egyptian Level Mod W Editor / Help Needed

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MultiplayerX

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 10:05 pm    Post subject: New Egyptian Level Mod W Editor / Help Needed Reply with quote Back to top

Okay I need help. I know now how to use the level editor to make objects for multi setups. Now all I need to know is how to setup multi setups for solo stages. I'd like to try a test on a Jungle MULTI w an ungodly amount of foliage. Please be very detailed and specific and educate a brother on how it's done the RIGHT way. Laughing Wink

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You'll either need to use some GameShark codes to change the setup file being used by the Jungle, or modify the 21990 main index file and save your GoldenEye ROM. I'd suggest using codes for now, just to get things going.

As BMW has found, the best stage to swop with is the Facility. It offers a large amount of space for both objects and textures. When you make your setup file, save it as "Ump_setuparkZ.bin" and convert your ROM with your new data. Load up the game in your emulator of choice, then use the following codes...

800445DF 0025 --> Change Facility Stage ID to Jungle
80044627 0022 --> Change Jungle Stage ID to Facility
8004EB79 0025 --> Change Facility Music ID to Jungle
8004EB91 0022 --> Change Jungle Music ID to Facility

Give that a shot and let me know how it works out for you.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

MultiplayerX

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

thank you captain Very Happy

edit 03-08-07: okay, one more thing. when you open up a file to edit it for a solo-multi, do you open a Usetup?, delete the guards, path presets etc. or do you open up a Umpsetup file and place your objects and respawn start points? not sure if I'm doing those respawn start points right either. I loaded jungle last night and you could hear the birds, etc but the screen just stayed black. the 3 windows you get when you open file name, visual level, and quick convert level / I need to know exactly how the editor sees these categories to change the setups for a solo-multi load. please walk me through it once as brief as you can and I'll handle the rest.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

OK so I believe you want mp_setuparkZ to actually load the file UsetupjunZ.bin? What you need to do is open your file as:
Visual Level: Facility
Quick Convert level: UsetupjunZ.bin

Oh wait, are you loading egypt?

MultiplayerX

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

uuuuuuuuggghhhh Sad bastard ROM conversion just gives me a black screen with background sound. someone could give me a download for an example so i can look at it or something Very Happy .

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You're quite right, that is crashing. I think what was intended by his code was swap Jungle and Facility, you should also fix 8002A8F7 to 0025 to be jungle. Then you overwrite ump_setuparkZ.bin. It's crashing on me though.

bmw
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Subdrag - no wonder its crashing. If you're using Wreck's swap codes, then you want to set the 8002A8F7 code to 0022 instead of 0025. 0022 is the Facility, 0025 is Jungle - if the jungle and facility are being swapped (which I'm assuming is being done in order to use facility's mp setup file), then you want to actually load the facility, not jungle. The swap simply forces the facility to load the jungle's bg and and clipping data.

OR, couldn't you also do it this way (instead of swapping stage ID's)?

8002A8F7 0025 (force jungle load)
8103757A 593C (tell jungle to load facility's MP setup)

then just overwrite facility's mp setup file.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

If you use Wreck's way though, if you load facility Jungle has no multi map so it will just crash. I did try modding the setups of facility to jungle using 8002A9F7 0025, not sure why it failed.l

What you posted won't work either for the same reason.

bmw
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

If you're swapping stage ID's, the fact that jungle doesn't have an mp setup normally associated with it shouldn't matter. I used the same exact method to load Library in solo (and library doesn't have a solo setup associated with it) and it worked. It involved swapping stage ID's and then forcing a facility load, NOT forcing a library load.

And the second method I posted should work too - its the same exact method I use for creating MP maps by modifying the stack's MP setup - simply forcing whatever level I want modified to load (the first line of code) and then telling that stage to load Stack's MP setup file (second line of code)

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Then why isn't Wreck's code working?

bmw
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ok, I got it to work without problems with the latter method I listed:

8002A8F7 0025 (force jungle load)
8103757A 593C (tell jungle to load facility's MP setup)

Then all you have to do is modify the facility mp setup (ark) file. Just make sure you have valid coordinate data, the easiest thing to do is to delete everything out of it and just insert 2 respawn points using the visual editor (visual edit level - usetupjun, quick convert and filename both set to mp_setupark)

Now keep in mind you will be limited to the file being 38k in size or smaller - but that should be PLENTY of space to insert all the folliage you want Smile

MultiplayerX

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

you hit it right on bmw. I stayed up for about 4 hours last night tinkering with it and figured it out. the easiest method is to overwrite your file directly to archives or / whatever setup you're using into the ROM using the Convet ROM function, select predefined location, choose an mp setup file and write the bastard. this will create a ROM file no one has to patch OR even hassle with. this way we can just share modded ROM's. Cool Wink

now back to work Very Happy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: