ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

[DEAD]Citadel mission back in progress!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
00Dark

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

um, SubDrag, when will you be done with the path presets for the mission?

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Here you go. Took a decent chunk of time.

http://www.rarewitchproject.com/test/usetupjunzcitadelpathsets.bin

00Dark

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

just thought i'd reply since it hasn't been awhile. i've been EXTREMELY addicted to RuneScape lately so i haven't even touched a controller or an emulator or the goldeneye setup editor in quite awhile. but on the bright side, i completed the dragon slayer quest which was extremely difficult. i had to defeat a combat level 83 dragon named Elvarg and i was only combat level 46! i nearly got owned. i also can wear full rune armor which i have and i can wear full green dragon hide armor which i also have. my point is that i've leveled my character and made alot of progress on runescape. yeah, i know you probably have no idea what i'm talking about but my other point is that i've just taken a break from hacking. i'll get back to my citadel mission shortly. Very Happy

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Any updates on this level? Guards should be walking around nicely now with the path presets.

Raz
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Try as I might I can't get Citadel to boot up in Solo at all. I'm using PJ64, a patched Citadel V1 ROM (US), and the Gameshark codes Wreck posted to force it to load, but no joy. It plays the Citadel music but all I get is a black screen. Is there a setting I need to turn on somewhere?

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

First you need to apply Zoinkity's Citadel patch, then put on the codes, did you try that? You then need to overwrite the 3 files below that Wreck modified to (briefing, jungle, language statue, setup jungle). I recommend making an empty level, empty briefing, and the text file empty, then trying. If you still can't get it working, let me know and I'll make an ips patch.

Quote:

8002425F 0030 --> Change Citadel's memory to stage ID 30
80024297 0028 --> Change Library's memory to stage ID 28
8002A8F7 0030 --> Force load stage ID 30, Citadel
810375A6 5960 --> Redirect stage ID 30's setup file to UsetupjunZ
80045B03 0030 --> Change Citadel's weather setup to stage ID 30
810484DE BAA0 --> Redirect stage ID 30's language file to LstatE
80044DD7 0000 --> (optional) Remove clouds from sky (emu fix)

Just remember, these are the three files you'll be modifying...

Setup file: UsetupjunZ.bin
Language file: LstatE.bin
Briefing file: UbriefcrypZ.bin

Raz
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

That sorted it, thanks! I only made the Jungle setup barebones, not completely empty, which seemed to be what was crashing it. I don't know why I didn't just use the special setup you made (which is what I've done now).

Hooray, I finally got to fight Mayday in the Citadel (with an imported Jaws action block)

I've got a few other questions if you don't mind, and rather than starting a new thread:

1) Why can't I get ammo boxes to work? I've looked in levels like Runway to see how they're done, but can't seem to find any clues. Whenever I put them in a level they can be shot but not picked up.

2) Is it possible to have a character assist you as Natalya does in Jungle, on any level? If so does this require advanced knowledge of the action blocks? (this is a bit beyond me at the moment)

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Glad you finally got it working.

With ammo boxes, you need to insert one in the visual editor, then open up the objects window, and edit the amount of ammo in each type (the ammo type is type 14). In multi, you just attach to a gun and don't worry about it.

We've intended to make a "co-op" buddy action block, at some point hopefully have it. The Natalya block in Jungle is pretty tricky, lots of JALs. The AllClear flowcharts I can generate are pretty useful here, but wow, they do a lot. It seems all the guards are using an action block which eventually sets 2328 blocks depending on randomness, and if so, Natalya goes for them, etc. The key for us would probably be action block AA, which sets a guard ID to FC special guard ID, so you could have all guards have a block, and if in range maybe sets to FC, and Natalya targets FC if guards in range, something like that.

Raz
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

That will be brilliant, I can't wait. Thanks for the tip on the ammo boxes. Although I've got stuck again: I've been studying your Meeting Room level, and trying to figure out how you linked the consoles to the exploding glass (both as switches and as objects to be shot). But I can't. Help!

Raz
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

And I had two other questions:

1) When the Citadel was first hacked out, didn't it have water underneath like on Frigate? Is it still possible to activate this on Zoinkity's working version (kind of a moot point anyway as none of the plugins can show the water properly)

2) What the hell does the bitflag 'Invisible except to rockets' mean? Does it mean that bullets will pass staright through but rockets won't? Is this used in one of the original levels?

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

1. I tried porting the sky to have Library take Citadels. I didn't get to test it though. Does it work?
Library
81045B02 0030

If that fails, the original water code should also work since it modifies the active sky.
81044DEC 0100
81044DF4 0001
81044DFC 437F
81044E00 437F
81044E0A 00F0
81044E0C 4120
81044E10 469C
81044E12 4000

2. Invisible to rockets means that the object is invisible, and you can't shoot it, but if you fire a rocket it will hit it.

Raz
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Cool, I'll try those later. I hope it's true that the next version of Glide can show the skies and water properly - I've always been a Rice man just because it shows the sky at all. (I've not bothered to give Z64 a try because I'm almost certain my PC isn't fast enough)

Subdrag, do you think you could write another one of your excellent help files, but to do with scripting switches to open doors, break glass etc?

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

No problem, I will write one this weekend, possibly today. They are both actually very easy to do. There's an explode 16 object action block command which breaks glass, and also one that opens a 16 object door, but I will write an action blocks advanced tutorial.

zoinkity

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The help file also shows off automating doors. You *can* do it in GE, and it is much easier in solo than in multiplayer...

Citadel didn't really have water under it though. I think Wreck did that. The one thing I *didn't* hack was the sky. It is all-original.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I finished the tutorial btw. Grab it here:
http://www.goldeneyevault.com/viewfile.php?id=39

It's 90+ pages of how tos.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: