ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

HOW DO YOU CONVERT ROM ADDRESSES INTO GAMESHARK CODES?!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MultiplayerX

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 8:21 am    Post subject: HOW DO YOU CONVERT ROM ADDRESSES INTO GAMESHARK CODES?!! Reply with quote Back to top

I need this information for hacking purposes. I'm experimenting with setup files, etc. This would be very helpful since the setup editor actually shows X,Y,Z positions plus rom addresses. BMW has done some brilliant work on console coding. Anyone that can help would be appreciated. Cool

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well, in the presets window, you can click the Expanded checkbox, and it'll show you the codes pre-expanded. If you mean in terms of the swapping IDs and things it'll take a bit more explanation.

I also wrote a quick tool to grab coords in-game, not sure where it's at.

00Dark

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

http://www.rarewitchproject.com/test/grabcoordsfrompj64.exe

bmw
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, use that coordinate grabber program, that's what I've been using for a while now. Not only does it give you the proper coordinates, but it also gives you the pointer value addresses rather than just the room pointer data. But one word of warning - if you are grabbing coordinates in 2 player mode, it randomly gives you the coordinate of either player 1 or player 2 - in other words, sometimes when you grab a coordinate its player 1's coord, the rest of the time its player 2. It can be tricky sometimes figuring out which coordinates you are actually getting.

As for the rest of your question, what specifically are you trying to do?

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I don't know why it does that, but you should be able to just fix player 2 (don't move in), and shouldn't it be easy to determine which coordinate you've nabbed?

bmw
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I usually just wander around a bit, grabbing coordinates, and its pretty easy to figure out which coordinates belong to the player that isn't moving. Then when I grab one and the value isn't of that of the player that isn't moving I know I have the right one.

00Dark

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

i have a question. how exactly do i convert coordinates into gs codes? if i'm going to learn how to manually convert a setup file then then i'm going to need to know how to convert grabbed coordinates into gs codes and then assign objects to those coords for complete object placements. that will be my first step.

bmw
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

That part is relatively easy.

For most standard objects and for respawn points, you only care about the X and Z coordinates. And for those you only care about the first 4 digits.

So lets say your coords look like this:

X-coord 42120873
Z-coord C419AA3F
Pointer 801C893C

You will need 4 lines of code with values of:
C419
801C

You will GS code addresses, dependent on where the preset you want to modify is located in memory.

Lets say the data for Preset 0004 begins at 1DEF00. Your codes would look like this for modifying that preset:

811DEF00 4212
811DEF08 C419
811DEF38 801C
811DEF3A 8938

Locating your presets in memory is another story. It requires looking at a savestate, knowing where to find the first preset, then doing some math to calculate where the preset is located.

MultiplayerX

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

thanks bmw...that makes a ton of sense. thanks Wink

00Dark

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

bmw wrote:
That part is relatively easy.

For most standard objects and for respawn points, you only care about the X and Z coordinates. And for those you only care about the first 4 digits.

So lets say your coords look like this:

X-coord 42120873
Z-coord C419AA3F
Pointer 801C893C

You will need 4 lines of code with values of:
C419
801C

You will GS code addresses, dependent on where the preset you want to modify is located in memory.

Lets say the data for Preset 0004 begins at 1DEF00. Your codes would look like this for modifying that preset:

811DEF00 4212
811DEF08 C419
811DEF38 801C
811DEF3A 8938

Locating your presets in memory is another story. It requires looking at a savestate, knowing where to find the first preset, then doing some math to calculate where the preset is located.

There are several things I don't understand. What is the fourth line of code for? I also don't know why the pointer addresses are different. You increased each address by eight in each line. You also didn't explain how to do the Y coordinate.

I am trying to do presets for Chicago multiplayer. Could you explain in more detail please?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: