ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Goldeneye Setup Editor 2.1 (image editing, bug fixes)
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 5:41 pm    Post subject: Goldeneye Setup Editor 2.1 (image editing, bug fixes) Reply with quote Back to top

Primary new thing is the addition of an image editor, where you can edit images including stage select images and recon photos (like my citadel picture). This'll spruce up any mission. Also I added many bug fixes.

IMPORTANT: DO NOT OVERWRITE THE OLD DIRECTORY UNLESS YOU HAVE YOUR FILES BACKED UP.

Grab it from RWP

00Dark

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

how exactly do you use the image compression editor? do i need to just edit an emulation screenshot then put it back into the ROM? or do i have to do somthing totally different? by the way if i do have to edit screenshots then i'm out of luck because my pj64 emulator just encounters this error: "this program has performed an illegal operation and will be shut down". all i need for my citadel mission is for the Jungle's image to be replaced with that same image that you used for the silo in that IPS patch. that includes both the level select image and briefing image.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm sorry what? This new image editor, you right click and replace images, then choose write ROM. Then if you edit setups you need to use this ROM as your quick save ROM.

It has nothing to do with editing emulation screenshots, you're editing images straight from the ROM.

This one is full one (needs to be split into two 128 x 64):
http://www.battlefieldforever.com/hackers/ge/images/citadelfullimage.bmp

Level image:
http://www.battlefieldforever.com/hackers/ge/images/citadellevelimage.bmp

One used in pic for silo:
http://www.battlefieldforever.com/hackers/ge/images/citadeltoplevel.bmp
http://www.battlefieldforever.com/hackers/ge/images/citadelbottomimage.bmp

Jungle's top image is riidculously small because it's mostly grey, so I don't think you can get citadel in there easily. Should try another level.

Last edited by SubDrag on Tue Mar 13, 2007 7:14 pm; edited 1 time in total

00Dark

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

when i click choose ROM, it appears that i've selected it but no images appear, it's just a black screen. i wonder why?

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Did you install the full editor? I was missing one image and had to add it to the installer package in romimagesfull/

00Dark

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

yes, i installed the full editor.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Bizarre, you're not getting ROM not found are you? Your quick ROM needs to be valid. I just did a fresh install and it worked fine, both byteflipped and nonbyteflipped.

00Dark

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

oh! i am getting the "ROM not found" error. so how do i get past this problem? (geeeeeez, i must be jinxed with problems! Shocked )

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Simple, in Preferences choose your quick ROM. Either that or just load up the image window, and then click choose ROM and choose one!

00Dark

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

i chose my quick ROM in preferences and i no longer get the error but i still see black. in order to solve this problem can you please just make me an IPS patch that replaces both of Egyptian's images to both of Citadel's images because thats really all i would need. i'm really sorry if i'm annoying you with all these help requests, but like i said i'm just totally jinxed with problems. thanks for being patient.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It's better if we solve it...are you sure it is a valid ROM? What do you get? It's really cool replacing images and you might make other levels in the future...

00Dark

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

i don't get any errors when i open the the image thing now but in the sub window where it's supposed to display the images, i get the little "elevator" thing the (thing that scrolls down the page) but the entire thing is black. no images displayed. i got my goldeneye ROM from CoolRom.com, so i'm not really sure if it's valid or not. do i need a byteflipped ROM because i think mine is an unflipped ROM (only the unflipped citadel patch works).

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

That means your ROM is likely invalid, or when you applied a patch to it you screwed it up. Get another copy (must be unzipped) and let me know how it goes.

DELETED

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

DELETED

00Dark

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

do you mean download another goldeneye ROM off the internet?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: