ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

new goldeneye editor; a couple of errors....
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
00Dark

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 2:25 pm    Post subject: new goldeneye editor; a couple of errors.... Reply with quote Back to top

the reason why i'm saying this now is because up until now, i didn't think it was very important. however, when i open the visual editor window it says, "error: cannot display fonts" and when i take screenshots it says "error saving surface". well i noticed in some of wreck's screenshots in the "Aren't those PD stages? another project....." topic that hes got fonts in his window like clipping, portals, etc. below the item sizing toolbar. but howcome i can't get those font's? it also won't let me take screenshots. i just want it to work perfectly. that's all.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ahh, we had this problem before. It happens only on some versions of Windows XP Home. You're lucky it even loads - it only loads cause Wreck had this issue and I disable fonts if they are going to crash your system. Screenshots not sure, but it uses DX9's backbuffer to grab it. You could always just use printscreen and paste it somewhere.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I've also had trouble saving images using the GoldenEye Setup Editor, so I just use the "Print Screen" key and paste it into MS Paint, then crop out the areas I don't need. No error messages pop-up for me, it simply doesn't seem to save the bitmap.

My other PC had a hard time getting the Visual Window to load, so Sub found a workaround that disabled a draw text command. None of the text showed, but atleast it loaded. I never even pay attention to the coordinates at the top of the window, as they aren't crucial to your setup creation, really. It is nice to have, just not a necessity. So long as the rest of the text appears in the menu below the imagery, you'll be fine.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

00Dark

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

i don't get that text below the imagery because of an error message: "Cannot Display Fonts" and i think i need that text too because certain features i can't do without that text such as import room backgrounds.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well you can still do it, you just need to guess where the text is. I didn't realize this was a big problem, I'll try and find an alternative solution.

00Dark

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

could it have something to do with my Direct Draw .dll? that's the thing that draws the fonts.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It happs on random versions of XP Home, not sure why. May be some bug somewhere in some version of DX?

00Dark

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

what do you mean XP Home edition? i'm win98.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

OK maybe it happens on 98 too...

00Dark

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

so how do we fix this problem?

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I may need to create a 3d font in directx. We'll see.

00Dark

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

what do you mean "we'll see"? i need to get this problem fixed so i can use the visual editor to its fullest. plus others won't have the same issue if you can just please fix it.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Haha ok I'll take another look tonight.

00Dark

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

thank you.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Does your PC not have the Arial font?
Does this one fix it?
http://rarewitchproject.com/media/misc/goldeneyesetupeditorv2.exe

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: