ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

The utterly GLORIOUS end to path preset troubles

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 11:55 pm    Post subject: The utterly GLORIOUS end to path preset troubles Reply with quote Back to top

I have implemented a new feature into the Setup Editor which now allows users to select several 00 presets at a time, then right click and choose Join to Path Presets. Essentially, this makes creating sets a cinch and in an hour you can have an entire level mapped out in path presets and no more guard slowdown or weird guard paths or them getting lost!!! This is huge!

HOWTO on creating path presets:
1. Every path preset should be linked to at least one other
2. Any path preset within a certain radius should be linked to ALL of the ones that also fall within this radius.
3. Doorways and similar must contain a path preset in the center
4. Presets should connect neighbors.
5. Toggle the View Sets in the Editor to make sure you have no gaps

NOTE: PLEASE PLEASE do path presets in the beginning of your level before you add ANYTHING else. This way you can save a copy of this path-ified level, release it to the public, so anyone else who makes that multi level as a solo mission will not have to create the path sets.

I have tried this with Citadel, and it works WONDERFULLY. I even have guards moving about that crazy room there. Here's that setup file (note the path presets are incomplete and only about 1/3 of the level is done, but it's a proof of concept). YOU MUST have applied Zoinkity's citadel patch before using this, and must use the following GameShark codes by wreck, after uploading the level as UsetupjunZ (NOT UsetupcatZ).

http://www.battlefieldforever.com/hackers/ge/Editor/usetupjunz.bin

8002425F 0030 --> Change Citadel's memory to stage ID 30
80024297 0028 --> Change Library's memory to stage ID 28
8002A8F7 0030 --> Force load stage ID 30, Citadel
810375A6 5960 --> Redirect stage ID 30's setup file to UsetupjunZ
80045B03 0030 --> Change Citadel's weather setup to stage ID 30
810484DE BAA0 --> Redirect stage ID 30's language file to LstatE
80044DD7 0000 --> (optional) Remove clouds from sky (emu fix)

Just exe
http://www.rarewitchproject.com/media/misc/goldeneyesetupeditorv2.exe

Full thing (REMEMBER OVERWRITES ALL FILES)
http://www.rarewitchproject.com/media/misc/goldeneyesetupeditorinstaller2.exe

Also note I have expanded the Clipping tools immensely in this version (2.1.5).

Ryani
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

What happens if we don't want paths? I'm fine with just random animation until sees player. Well, i suppose there really isn't anywhere to go in caves.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

No, you need these things for any multiplayer level turned to solo. Otherwise your guards will lag like absolute craziness. These aren't just for guard walking paths, but also for their movement around the level.

Ryani
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

ah, thats ok then. My caves level is based on the Jungle cave, the color looks better.

00Dark

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

wait a minute, your making a new solo mission out of the Jungle caves? i thought i came up with that idea. i hadn't told anyone, but i just thought of that idea not too long ago. darn.

Ryani
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Theres no reason why you can't, I'm probably thinking of something different to what you are thinking of.

Unless you're thinking of making San Monique Underground caves..

00Dark

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

ill probably make a mission like Carrington Institute: Defense from Perfect Dark only it will take place in the Jungle caves, not the multiplayer level called caves. you'll be playing as a US Marine (Jungle Commando) working for Jack Wade (My first name in real life is Wade!) and trying to help Bond and other MI6 operatives hold off terrorists invading your "hidden" base. you will have drone guns on your side and it will be craaazy! of course i have to finish my Citadel mission first...

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I have always enjoyed the concept of playing as someone other than Bond himself, like in the extra missions you unlock in Perfect Dark. The best bet would be to choose the Jungle Fatigues costume in your Intro Block, then either use codes, or modify the 21990 Main Index file, to switch his head and body with whatever you fancy most. The reason I say to use to Jungle Fatigues version, is because there is no cuff. It'd be trickier to match the cuff to your new costume, rather than just go bare armed. The only time you see part of his clothing is when entering / exiting the watch menu. This could easily pass for a rolled up army camo sleeve. It really all depends on which suit you want the playable character to wear and if any of the arms match.

I'm not sure how you'll get drone guns on your side. They're programmed to detect player characters. Unless you could somehow switch that around, or do something remarkable in the Action Blocks, I can't see that working to your favour.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I've never like the idea of not being Bond, even moreso after that "Rogue Agent" monstrosity of evil. But yeah, echoing Wreck's comments, you can change what model you are easily, but as for cuff it will always be Bond. PD however, wouldn't have this problem.

Ryani
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Rogue agent was fun, I finaly got the chance to toss Xenia of a bridge. Razz

MultiplayerX

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 3:49 pm    Post subject: Re: The utterly GLORIOUS end to path preset troubles Reply with quote Back to top

SubDrag wrote:
I have implemented a new feature into the Setup Editor which now allows users to select several 00 presets at a time, then right click and choose Join to Path Presets. Essentially, this makes creating sets a cinch and in an hour you can have an entire level mapped out in path presets and no more guard slowdown or weird guard paths or them getting lost!!! This is huge!

HOWTO on creating path presets:
1. Every path preset should be linked to at least one other
2. Any path preset within a certain radius should be linked to ALL of the ones that also fall within this radius.
3. Doorways and similar must contain a path preset in the center
4. Presets should connect neighbors.
5. Toggle the View Sets in the Editor to make sure you have no gaps

NOTE: PLEASE PLEASE do path presets in the beginning of your level before you add ANYTHING else. This way you can save a copy of this path-ified level, release it to the public, so anyone else who makes that multi level as a solo mission will not have to create the path sets.

I have tried this with Citadel, and it works WONDERFULLY. I even have guards moving about that crazy room there. Here's that setup file (note the path presets are incomplete and only about 1/3 of the level is done, but it's a proof of concept). YOU MUST have applied Zoinkity's citadel patch before using this, and must use the following GameShark codes by wreck, after uploading the level as UsetupjunZ (NOT UsetupcatZ).

http://www.battlefieldforever.com/hackers/ge/Editor/usetupjunz.bin

8002425F 0030 --> Change Citadel's memory to stage ID 30
80024297 0028 --> Change Library's memory to stage ID 28
8002A8F7 0030 --> Force load stage ID 30, Citadel
810375A6 5960 --> Redirect stage ID 30's setup file to UsetupjunZ
80045B03 0030 --> Change Citadel's weather setup to stage ID 30
810484DE BAA0 --> Redirect stage ID 30's language file to LstatE
80044DD7 0000 --> (optional) Remove clouds from sky (emu fix)

Just exe
http://www.rarewitchproject.com/media/misc/goldeneyesetupeditorv2.exe

Full thing (REMEMBER OVERWRITES ALL FILES)
http://www.rarewitchproject.com/media/misc/goldeneyesetupeditorinstaller2.exe

Also note I have expanded the Clipping tools immensely in this version (2.1.5).

Okay, how the hell do I make a BASE path preset so the damn thing will save!! It says must have base path preset....yada yada

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Are you using 2.1.5 of editor, and are you right clicking on a two presets and saying join to path preset table?

MultiplayerX

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I need a link for your newer editor. rare witch always gives me 2.0!!

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Same place has it. My bad, installer didn't update the version number.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: