ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

need help with Platform Multi.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
00Dark

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 11:17 pm    Post subject: need help with Platform Multi. Reply with quote Back to top

ok, what i need to do is add clipping to this gigantic pyramid. the regular cradle platform is too small so i'm expanding it with an object. here's the sceenshot http://two.xthost.info/00dark/Platform.bmp however, what i'm wondering is if clipping can even be added to objects, or can it just be added to backgrounds? another thing in that screenshot to take note of, SubDrag, is the lack of text below the imagery because now you actually see what i'm talking about. i think this level will be freakin awsome when i'm finished with it, because you can actually push players off the edge to their death. it will be fun. but i just need to get clipping on this thing. here's the setup for someone to add clipping because i don't know how to do that yet. http://two.xthost.info/00dark/Ump_setupcradZ.bin then once the clipping is there i can actually walk around on this pyramid platform and place presets on it and add lots of explosive stuff!

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

That's a really cool idea. The newest version of editor has some (admittedly tough to use) clipping controls that should allow you to click on clipping, and stretch it to where you want. Or insert some new tris on the side and drag them. You will then need to export the clipping file, add to ROM, and also reoutput your setup file. I think that's a great idea btw! If you try this and fail, i'll take a look for you

00Dark

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

you know what i've got a better idea. how about a weird multi level where you walk on the gigantic pyramid and all around it! what i mean is like a weird dimensional thing where you can walk on the slopes right side up and walk from one of the slopes and take a big dimension change to walking on the flat bottom. in other words there will be players with their bodies sticking up from all around the pyramid, even upside down! however, i would need to add clipping all around the pyramid and it would be extremely tricky. can you help?

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

That should be pretty easy to do, if you can get me a model of a pyramid in .obj format (or just make one). I'm worried that if they are ladders it could cause issues, but we'll find out when it comes.

00Dark

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

yaeh, but do you even like that idea?

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It' be kinda crazy, I think it's worth a try. There's a chance it won't work because they may need to be ladders and supposedly the Bond image doesn't display right there.

00Dark

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

ok nevermind, i'll just stick with the platform idea.

00Dark

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

oh, and i forgot to tell you. stretching the clipping is rather difficult because when i stretch it, it sretches into an awkward shape. it's really kind of frustrating actually. can you please get the clipping part done? if so then you WILL GET CREDIT for it in the level release. you can definately count on that Very Happy

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Are you using Cube X stretch and Cube Z stretch? If you just use the mouse it does weird things. Actually Rare already did the leg work. Just pull the clipping tiles up from the bottom!

http://www.rarewitchproject.com/test/6caaf0.bin
clipping

http://www.rarewitchproject.com/test/84b630.bin
bg file

You walk out of the level but blame Rare's clipping, not mine for that.

00Dark

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wait! screw the platform idea! instead i'll just make an airborne network of platforms. ok so it's the same idea, but it's a whole new concept! where talking a sniper's paradise! it will be kind of like a cross between a halo and a super mario bros level. you will be sniping from elevated platforms (halo) but the platforms will be floating (super mario bros) i'll connect the platforms with narrow bridges so you can get across to another. i will also make them higher and lower than one another to make it realistic. now this is a masterpiece idea! don't you agree SubDrag?

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Not a bad idea for a whole new level. I hope my clipping importer is up to the task though. Your best bet is to make a simple .obj file for platform (bridge could even be same thing), then you need to convert obj to GE room, then export the level as .txt for positioning, then add these platforms in a bunch of spots, then export the bg file, then come back and resize and move all the rooms, export all the rooms separately and the text of sizes, and then finally export this txt file again as bg file. Then export the full bg file as .obj, then import .obj as clipping. There's an example included called I think importwall as folder.

OK, so I am now realizing the setup for making new levels is pretty poor...that needs working on eventually. It's not that hard, just a bunch of weird orders of things.

00Dark

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

ok but how do i get rid of the cradle itself? i just want it to be a bunch of platform's in the air with out having to see the annoying sight of the antenna cradle in the background. it will probably just distract players anyway.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You need to take a look at the folder importwall I think it's called. You'll see .txt files, which can be exported in Room Positions mode (oh wait can you still not see text in the editor?). These are how you export new backgrounds, because it uses this, and then you specify room vertices and indices files that you can export. It might pay for you to export room 9 in Cradle, and use this as that temp room.

00Dark

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

(oh wait can you still not see text in the editor?) no and i need those font's so that way i don't have to guess where the options are. that really drives me crazy Shocked

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I will really try and figure something out soon. Thinking of alt ideas.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: