ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Having trouble with goldeneye level editer
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
moonraker808
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 10:16 am    Post subject: Having trouble with goldeneye level editer Reply with quote Back to top

There are no errors with me when I use it, but I am very lost on how it works. I know how to create guards and stuff, and give them weapons; but there are many things I do not understand. The help button doesn't work for me, so i'll just ask my questions here. When you get to the level editor, how do you switch the level you are editing from runway? How do you create where the player spawns? How do I change the text of everything? I figured out how to change the textures, but I thought it would be awsome to totally create a new rom out of goldeneye; maybe a level out of an other movie! So I also want to be able to change the 3d models used. How do I do this?

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

1) When you do File -> Open, choose another visual and quick convert level (or it'll likely do it automatically) . Recomdended to NOT do File -> NEW, do Tools -> Make Barebones after opening a level.
2) Insert a 00 preset. Right click on it and say make start point.
3). Change text in Tools -> Text Editor, then export the binary file uncompressed.
4). Models can be done via .obj format...but the clipping for them in the clipping menu is sadly not quite good enough quite quite yet. I'll get back to you on that one.

moonraker808
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

sweet thanks for the reply! But by any chance how would I be able to change the images and sounds? I have saved th images from the image error, but when I try and replace the image, it doesn't work.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

What's the error you get? You can't change the sounds cause I don't understand how audio works on the N64, or the format or anything. Images, however, I do.

moonraker808
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

well maybe I can help you. On the n64, these sounds have a .midi extension. And the error I get is "not 1172/1173/1F8D0800 Compressed.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Err, what exactly are you trying to do? You should be using the Image Tools and then right clicking and replacing the image.

moonraker808
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

that is what I am doing, however when I copy the origonal image, then remake the image and try to replace the origonal file, I get this error. I changed the name of the file from it's origonal by adding a "b" at the end, would this be a problem?

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Can you give me more specifics on which image preset # you saved, and which # you are replacing so I can replicate it?

moonraker808
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

sure thing, the image number was "B0A6C1" and I saved over it as a 16 bit bitmap and renamed it as "B0A6C1b"

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Eek, you have stumbled on a rather large bug. Thank you! Fixing uploading new version one moment.

Last edited by SubDrag on Sun Apr 01, 2007 3:59 pm; edited 1 time in total

moonraker808
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

No problem, will you be able to fix this bug? Anyways, Imay have problems figuring out the proper bitmap I need, i'll keep you posted if I do. Just to get things clear, replacing these images in the image veiwer will replace them in the game right?

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Fixed it. Apologies!!!! Thanks for catching!

http://www.rarewitchproject.com/test/GoldeneyeSetupEditorV2.exe

Make sure that works. Version should be 2.1.5c. Installer will be updated soon.

And yes, it will replace them in-game, as long as when you write the ROM, if you do any subsequent ROM edits such as level setups you choose that ROM as input ROM or quick convert ROM.

moonraker808
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

the file seems a little small, it's just a patch then, right?

moonraker808
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

There is an error with this one, when I click it; it says "This aplication has failed to start because INPOUT32.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem" I have tried a couple times to re-download the file, and then repeat the process, however the error stays.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sorry, that's not the installer, that's the executable. You need to place it in the same directory as before and overwrite the old exe. You may also now download the full version and reinstall the software.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: