ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Having trouble with goldeneye level editer
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
moonraker808
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

So where can I find the directory, program files right? It's just the .exe for the program inside the program if I get you?

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

yeah. it should be in C:\program files\geedit2\, or wherever you put it. Or do a windows search. Replace file of same name. Or just download the full installer.

moonraker808
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Is the full installer updated?

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

yes grab it

moonraker808
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

thanks man Very Happy

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Works now? Got a custom uniform? Looking forward to seeing it.

moonraker808
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I can change some of the stuff, but not all of it right now. I'll just figure out how to change it to the specific format, then I will add the new file. I am envisoning a totally knew game staged in world war 2 germany; and i'll make peice brosnan the star as the main spy. However not bond.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Which images don't work? The greyscale images require not paletted bitmaps but 16-bit or 32-bit bitmaps.

moonraker808
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

When I do the 16 bit it works, thanks for that:D I have one last question. How can I figure out how each preset works? Because it has only the hex as the indetifier and I am not sure how it works.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Just match up the number with the visual one? You shouldn't need to deal much with presets, just right click on what you see visually. What are you trying to do?

moonraker808
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I want to make guards that function like natalia in the jungle level, like an ally. Is that a preset or what?

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

That's unfortunately difficult. There are like 10 action blocks linked to eachother that do that. You might want to take a look in Jungle to see at least. But it's not so simple.

moonraker808
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

i'm willing to do the work!

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well take a look. It's complicated little thing, from what I gather, finds the closest guard to Natalya, assigns it to the ID FC I think, then has her shoot at it, and then she prob also moves around depending on where she is, not sure. Take a look at Jungle's action blocks.

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

SubDrag wrote:
That's unfortunately difficult. There are like 10 action blocks linked to eachother that do that. You might want to take a look in Jungle to see at least. But it's not so simple.

Heh, I tried copying her action blocks into Facility and assigning them to Trevelyan, massive failure. I'm pretty sure I changed all the jumps and presets that needed to be changed, so I'm not sure what was wrong with it, I'm still pretty much clueless when it comes to action blocks.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: