ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

[MISSION] Silo
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Objectives: Complete
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 8:31 pm    Post subject: [MISSION] Silo Reply with quote Back to top

FINAL PROJECT:
http://goldeneyevault.com/viewfile.php?id=78
-----------------------------------------------------
Original thread:

I've been working on this off and on since V2 of the setup editor was released. The briefing hasn't been written yet but the concept behind the level is pretty simple, it's been about a year since Trevelyan's death and the Janus syndicate is still engaged in various terrorist activities, they've taken over a former Soviet missile silo and are threatening to nuke London and Moscow. The level involves stopping the missile launch and eliminating the new leader of Janus.

One of the intro cameras. I think the missile is too small, I'm using an 00 preset for it instead of a 27 like the original.

Another. There's a cool trick I've discovered with this guy's placement, I'm not going to give it away yet though.

The start point, I may take that silenced D5K away, it's a bit too powerful.

Did I mention this mission involves hostages? There are no action blocks yet so they just stand there.

Sniping a terrorist on a lower level. Once I finish placing objects I'll do paths, this guy will be walking so it'll be a little harder to pick him off like that.

Hostages in the fuel room. They have their backs turned to you but I plan on having them react as soon as you fire. Part of the problem with coming in backwards is that the guards can't see you over the railing, I figured it made more sense to have them face away then not react to you standing up there. Bond screens are only temporary, of course.

I think I'll stop here, I don't want to give the entire complex away, I've got a few cool tricks later on. No clue when it'll be done, I've just been working on it about an hour each night.

Edit: I just noticed these screenshots make it look like I'm over using the terrorist head, I'm not, it's actually used pretty sparingly, I just happened to get one in almost every shot. I should have gotten a screenshot of the hallway before the fuel room, five non-terrorist guards.

Last edited by Dragonsbrethren on Tue Apr 03, 2007 8:38 pm; edited 1 time in total

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm excited about it Smile Been watching from afar. And hoping you did Tools -> Make Barebones before you started. If not it's fixable. Ask away any questions when they arise.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, I definitely look forward to seeing how this one turns out. I like the fact that you started out in the top floor elevator, which is the end of the original Silo mission. We'll be going in reverse from the normal route we're used to taking. That should be interesting. Keep us updated. Smile

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

Ryani
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The rocket will be smaller than it should be. I would use a 27 preset for it.

But this'll be interesting, where will the mission end? The ladder?

00Dark

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

nice!!

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

SubDrag: You were spying on me? Razz
Yeah, I used the Barebones tool and I'll probably have lots of questions about action blocks once I start working on them. Actually, I do have a question now, is it safe to use the green path presets for user paths or should I add my own 00 presets for them?

Wreck: That's how I came up with the idea for the mission, I thought it would be fun to go through backwards, sniping the guards on the lower levels and such.

Ryani: I plan on changing the missile and double screen consoles to 27 presets with their original sizes, should keep everything looking right. The level is going to end in the elevator as well, I suspect it would be much harder for Bond to climb up through the vent than it was to get in from there Wink

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It's perfectly safe to use Rare's green path presets in a path. If you make your own, it probably would be worthwhile to "join" your new presets to the close ones so they become green (the default stuff that happens when you save isn't as precise for paths).

Ryani
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Dragonsbrethren wrote:

I plan on changing the missile and double screen consoles to 27 presets with their original sizes, should keep everything looking right. The level is going to end in the elevator as well, I suspect it would be much harder for Bond to climb up through the vent than it was to get in from there Wink

Suppose that makes sense. Very Happy Laughing

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Let's say (hypothetically) I wanted to rearrange the map a bit to give it a fresher feeling, how would I go about doing that? I've tried moving rooms in the setup editor but in-game there's no visible difference.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Once you move them, you need to export the room positions as a text file (it's first right click option I think). Then you need to right click, and export as background file (and choose this text file). Then after it generates the bg file, replace it in ROM.

However, the problem is all the room portal numbers are off, so you'll need to edit a lot of their room numbers and room connections by right clicking, and then export bg file again. It's not the easiest thing to do.

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ah, okay. I'll experiment with it a bit later but I think I'll hold off on actually changing them in this mission, since I'm pretty far along already.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Oh yeah heh, also, you're going to need to move clipping...Which would mean exporting the full level to .obj, then importing as clipping from .obj.

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I guess I'll bump this topic rather than posting in the concepts thread again.

Originally I had a rather pointless "disable security system" objective. If you failed to complete it before entering the first fuel room an alarm would go off and a swarm of guards would come after you for no apparent reason. Now there's a reason, if you don't complete that objective these lasers will be active and stepping through them will trigger that alarm. Thanks again to Wreck and (I think) BMW for the concept. It was BMW that came up with the idea of using red Bunker screens as the laser beams, right? I know someone posted them in one of the topics but I can't seem to find them now.

The mission should be ready for testing shortly. I was hoping to have it done this weekend but it might take me a bit longer than that.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ah red bunker as laser beams, brilliant. Can't wait for it!!! It looks amazing.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yep, you've got it. I was using the fire extinguisher object model stretched out for my 'beams', but unfortunately it was a dark metallic colour, and not red. BMW decided to try one of the blinking red monitor screens that is featured in Bunker ii, when the GoldenEye strike is in progress. It worked wonderfully and looks far better. Good to see our combined efforts are seeing some use in a new mission. Smile

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Objectives: Complete All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: