ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Easy-to-miss beta leftover in Facility
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye 007
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:19 am    Post subject: Easy-to-miss beta leftover in Facility Reply with quote Back to top

This is something I found a long time ago and never posted about.

I'm sure you all remember this screenshot with the old white texture:

(Taken from Detstar)

It turns out when Rare was retexturing the Facility they missed two spots:

The first one's really easy to miss since you usually don't run back that way but the other stands out if you're looking for it. I copied the white texture over the current stone textures and it looks identical to that beta screenshot.

GE64.net
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It really depends..There are a ton of beta leftovers..ask SubDrag or Wreck they'll know.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hmm, I never really connected it. I always had kind of thought that was intentional.

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

SubDrag wrote:
Hmm, I never really connected it. I always had kind of thought that was intentional.

I'd agree with you if all of the "arches" used that texture, but it's just those two, the others use the same ones the walls use.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ah cool, nice catch. I think it uses a different texture, strange they missed it though if it wasn't intentional.

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Okay, now that the image editor is working again I can remake that quick hack I did:

I'm glad they changed it, the white texture is really bland compared to the stone that's there now.

Maxout

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Just what are people doing exactly to beat this level in under a minute. Timing the mine boots are crazy.

I'm pretty sure this level is the hardest cheat in the game next to the water caverns. I don't hate this level. They just didn't add all the pipes and things like in the movie for obvious reasons.

http://www.youtube.com/Greatermaxim

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It took me a while to get the cheat my first time, but now that I know what to do it's not very hard. Here's how I did it, based on a movie I watched, hopefully it will help:

1. Get through the vents as fast as possible, switch to your remote mines as you're running.

2. Run down the stairs outside the bathroom and throw a mine on the box by the security room door, run to the door where the guard with the keycard is and detonate your mine with A and B, switch to your PP7 and get the keycard and if it's close the guard's KF7.

3. Switch to the KF7 if you got it, run into the security room and activate the door, that mine will have killed all three guards.

4. Make a run for the door, blast anyone following you with with KF7, if you don't kill them you'll slow them down at least, once you're in the locker room switch to your mines, open the door to the next area, toss one in and detonate almost immediately, it'll take out those three guards.

5. Run on to the door to the next area, you'll probably get shot in the back a couple times, this'll give you a speed boost, hopefully you don't take too much damage from it.

6. Turn left and blast anyone you see with the KF7, this'll make enough noise to get the guard to open the next security door, run though, up the stairs, kill/injure any guard you come to, check the labs for Dr. Doak, if he's not there you're screwed, restart.

7. After getting the door decoder run for the bottling room, kill as many guards as possible in the process, it'll suck to get this far and die, open the door with the decoder.

8. Run down to Trevelyan, while he's talking toss your three mines between the tanks, like this:

Code:
O O O O O
 X X   X
O O O O O

9. Run for the doors after placing your mines, open them, and as soon as the 006 objective is complete detonate your mines and step into the doorway, hopefully you'll have the cheat Smile

If a lot of guards are on your tail and you're worried about dying (And there are no scientists around) you can toss a mine at them, you'll end up having to shoot two of the gas tanks if you do that though.

Maxout

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

There are many ways to do it under that initial 2:05. It will take half the world to determine the absolute quickest way to do it.

I can usually get there with one bar of life without using any remote mines. Some people use the gun to attract the first guards, others like me just run like the wind. Many different ways. Sometimes when your life is too low and Trev wasn't in a good spot you can stand on the stairs before the exit so the guards don't hit you.

You can also toss the mines and hit a+b.

http://www.youtube.com/Greatermaxim

ColdshadowX
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

What is the white wall texture codes

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

No code, it's a ROM hack.

ColdshadowX
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I know that..where is the texture code though. it's a cool discovery

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It definitely looks better without the white, with the shades of grey instead. Those early pictures just don't seem to contrast well. Which image # is "beta' white one?

ColdshadowX
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

SubDrag wrote:
I Which image # is "beta' white one?

that was I asking!

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Do you mean the address or the preset? Address is 9B48C7, preset is 02D3.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye 007 All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: