ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Gun Data Tables

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Carrington's Hacker Central
View previous topic :: View next topic  
InsomniaDMX
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 11:43 am    Post subject: Gun Data Tables Reply with quote Back to top

I'll give you guys a little taste of what I've been doing lately, and you PD gun modders are going to like this.

pd_gun_stuff.txt

The format for N64 GS cheats is just as stupidly simple as most of the other unencrypted formats. Just knock off the "0x" part and add a 16bit value at the end, seperated by a space of course. Though, you need to change the second digit of the code to a "1" in order to use 16bit values, otherwise the first byte in your code's value will not work.

I'm obviously not done, first, I'll fill in as much as I can for the shotgun, and then add all the other weapons. Maybe someday, I'll make an app for this of some sort.

Also, since I'm new to N64 stuff, I've been wondering; is an offset in the 0x80's in ROM? Like this for example: "0x8006D264." The values for the stuff I've been working with aren't changing by themselves, and there'd be little to no reason to store this stuff in RAM, it's gotta be ROM.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

80 is all RAM. It makes sense for the game to have everything in RAM because it is faster. GameShark codes to modify ROM are non-existant because you simply can't modify ROM (that's why it's ROM).

Interesting stuff, it looks very similar to the Goldeneye table, with some additional things.

InsomniaDMX
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, now that you say it, it does make sense.

I was pretty sure Gameshark only modified RAM, but the NES and SNES Game Genies worked by modifying ROM somehow. It is good to make sure.

Thanks!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

My guess is that Game Genie obviously can't replace ROM, so it likely just pretends to (ie, if you try and load address 3444, it instead loads your new value). Although I've not looked much into it. Anyways GameShark doesn't work that way.

InsomniaDMX
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Update...

Now, there's a little bit of explanation to my doc.

Read if you are interested in hacking PD with cheats.

Link.

cactus
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I tried the shotgun fire Falcon, and it seems to aim a lot better than shotgun (It also has pistol whip for a cool one hit kill). I also noticed I haven't been helping much to the FAQ, all I did was gave inspiration and company. (I'm an idiot)

At first I didn't know a lot about Read Only Memory and Random Access Memory, so I took a random shot from my resources.

Though this FAQ unlocked new things to me, and it should help me. Thanks!

InsomniaDMX
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I helped unlock two new things to you?
That was my aim exactly.

...well, that and to provide a resource.

Goldroger
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the tables.

I have found some additional stuff. Using the shotgun example just like you during the document, I found the following:

0x8006D324 "intensity of idle animation" (seems to be a 4 byte floating point)
tested it with magsec and value 41AE and Joanna began to heavily wave around with her guns. I think it is kind of a idle animation, and a high value makes it look very exaggerated.

0x8006D339 Gun can be turned sideways. Set to 0A if the gun shall be turned sideways when near an enemy. (http://rarewitchproject.com/forums/showthread.php?p=208635#post208635)

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

That actually is a really good discovery about the sideways thing.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Carrington's Hacker Central All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: