ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

[SCENARIO MOD] Live and Let Die

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Objectives: Complete
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zoinkity

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 12:25 pm    Post subject: [SCENARIO MOD] Live and Let Die Reply with quote Back to top

Finally got some time and converted the new scenario Live and Let Die into a ROM patch. All regions are provided in the file, though the Japanese doesn't have a text mod. Their Kanji tables are set up stupidly. They also work on hardware, just in case ;*)

Also, for those of you who prefer gameshark codes (Squee!), those are provided in there as well.

http://www.geocities.com/nefariousdogooder/general/LiveandLetDie.zip

If you don't know, Live and Let Die replaces flag tag. The winner is longest innings. Fairly simple.

Other scenario hacks may take longer... This just required two lines of redirection, but the others tally information.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Is it backup compatible, with the text mod? And by longest inning, that means longest single inning right? Cool stuff. Somebody has to try it and see how fun it is.

moonraker808
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I don't know why I missed this on the 15th. That is a really neat idea, with a clever naming of the movie that fits it perfectly.

Did you know the beetles made the theme song for that movie?

lainlives
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

住み、ダイスを可しなさい

is the closest translation

Live and dies yes

zoinkity

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well, the trouble isn't the translation, it is the complete lack of any coherency in the Kanji table.
See, the kana and hana are easy to do, but the kanji follows no sensible order. It isn't by radical; doesn't follow any of the shift formats, Unicode, EUC, UTF; it doesn't follow any recognizable pattern whatever.
So, to do it would require looking through each of the couple hundred characters in the game, hoping there is a match, then guessing the offset. If there isn't one, which is likely since they only included those they expected to use, then the font needs to be hacked... I don't have quite *that* much time available ;*)

lainlives
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

tell me what to do (vaguely if you must) and ill do it
i have all the time in the world

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Objectives: Complete All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: