ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

G5 BUILDING WORKING CONSOLE!!!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 8:57 pm    Post subject: G5 BUILDING WORKING CONSOLE!!! Reply with quote Back to top

It's amazing on console!!! I need to play someone ASAP. I used a Doctor V64 backup device.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=FJbNB0n0Yes

Patch
http://rarewitchproject.com/media/misc/goldeneyeg5archivesmultibackupcompatible%5brwp%5d.ips

Non-fuzzy audio version, but only works emulators:
http://rarewitchproject.com/media/misc/goldeneyeg5multi.ips

Last edited by SubDrag on Fri Apr 27, 2007 9:43 pm; edited 1 time in total

bmw
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wow, I'm glad to see you guys finally got the clipping worked out.

Does this mean we'll be seeing ports of every PD level?

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Zoinkity did the clipping, it's all up to him. Wreck and I have got all the PD bg files going fine, but my clipping algorithm is very poor, and Zoinkity's is much better plus he manually tweaks.

bmw
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well even just having 1 or 2 full levels ported over will open up the doors for hackers to work on mission or MP maps.

I'll d/l that patch soon. I have to clean up my cluttered files though - I have more modified goldeneye roms than I can count.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I believe Zoinkity may have already begun the clipping file for Car Park, but I'm not certain. He did PM me about it, as well as another fan favourite, which I will not mention at this time. Like SubDrag said, between the two of us, we have a pretty good handle on porting the background files. It was the clipping that was causing a lot of grief. But now that Zoinkity is in the mix, that may start to change.

Porting PD stages into GoldenEye is a very exciting venture.
It'll definitely make for some fun multiplayer maps, and possibly missions.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

bmw
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck wrote:
Porting PD stages into GoldenEye is a very exciting venture.

The sweetest finishing touch would be some sort of expansion pak that we could hook up to our GE cartridges.

BTW - is it possible to upload bg and clipping files via the gameshark uploader?

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Zoinkity I believe spent (is still spending?) some hard, quality time trying to get that working. As far as I know, it got insane and was having issues. I personally think it would be a waste to pursue this (besides an interesting concept), since it would be so much effort for such a flaky parallel port connection that would work so infrequently, and everyone should try and buy a Doctor V64.

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I actually just tracked down a place that sells the Doctor V64 Junior:
http://www.chinatoysco.com/search.php?page=sfc009

Unfortunately, that's a lot more than I can afford right now, so it looks like it'll be a while before I can get one. The NeoFlash team supposedly has an N64 flashcart in the works, there haven't been any updates about it for over a year though.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I've seen that site before, and they have a ton of mirrors, but before you order make sure it's a real site, and in business. Maybe email them and try and see feedback. The Doctor V64 is amazingly awesome for this GE stuff. The Neo one has been in works for ages, and no news sadly.

ColdshadowX
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Got the patch working and ported it to console as well! FUN STUFF! I couldn't get any footage since my laptop is busted. I need to get it fixed. I have 2 laptops. I have a new one because the guys at HP were cool and sent me a spare when I sent mine in.

Sick stuff!

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'd really like to see it on console in action...got nobody to play with myself, at least not for a while.

moonraker808
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Subdrag, the clipping import and export has to be worked on in the goldeneye level editor, what program do you use to build the files? I have some experience in C++ coding, and may be able to lend some help. I am going to do some research and figure out how to change the sounds of a n64 rom.

Anyways with this, and your tetris level that was completely made outside goldeneye, perfect dark or any n64 game for that matter provides some really exciting posibility's!

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

If you could figure out the sounds that'd be great. I have almost no information on sounds - all I can gleam is the file locations from using srip of the ctl and table, and there's some documentation from the official N64 SDK. But I am clueless.

I agree, clipping works very poorly Sad Zoinkity's convertor is much better than mine. It is very tough to do, and even with a perfect convertor much manual labor needs to be done. The typical clipping method would be to export the full level to .obj, then import it back as clipping. And then start modifying.

Yep, Tetris does show some exciting possibilities, but it is still very tough and Tetris is much poorer than real model used.

moonraker808
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Okay, after alot of work when going through the internet searching for information I have gotten this. The n64 has a seperate chip for graphics/sound then the mother board right? Well, actually the nintendo just interprets the code that was actually written for the sound engine. Yes each sound engine is different and written by different people. The only way to figure out how to edit is to figure out the source of where the origonal music comes from and try and figure out how the interpreter works. What I do know however is that the nintendo 64 uses the synthesizer similair to .midi files; and only some games like worlds not enough actually use short mp3 clips for words and stuff.

So in part, it is not only possible to edit and apply a music patch to change the music, it may be possible to add mp3's. However music conversion and stuff would be a messy subject just like clipping. Well that's all I got.

EDIT: okay, I found this guy who created a plug in that ripped the format USF from the roms, and I beleive using this method it can be reverse engineered. Here is the link to his site: http://hcs64.com/usf/

He also has different gadgets to help with your project. Anyways, here is a quick explanation he offers for it:

N64 games are one huge chunk of code, and very little navigation aid is available beyond what can be determined from the use of library calls. Once a game has been hacked to play only the song the ripper requests it is then reduced to the minimum code and data needed to do so. Unfortunately it is likely that non-music code remains in the USF rip, which serves no purpose other than to slow down the entire system. This depends on the skill of the ripper.

Okay and finally I found a whole package of the ripped files that contain every single song. However you need Winamp : http://www.winamp.com/ and the plug in which is: http://www.winamp.com/plugins/details.php?id=148095 and every music file for goldeneye is here: http://hcs64.com/usf/downcnt.php?ge64usf.zip

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

USF is music, the sound effects are what SRip does. All very different, but in any case, USF cheats because it has the method for playing kept also. It's basically just emulating the N64's music player. We'd need to understand the format used.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: