ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

why are newer consoles getting harder to hack?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fear the Darkness
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 3:38 pm    Post subject: why are newer consoles getting harder to hack? Reply with quote Back to top

on the current gen consoles, the only one you can hack with is the Gamecube. and the codes seem to be getting worse and worse. for most games they only come up with basic codes like infinite health and stuff like that, not cool codes like moon jumps and play as nonplayable characters like they used to. is this because the newer cheat devices are not as capable or because people are just getting lazy?

then there's the PS2. you can't even hack codes with it because they didn't put anything in to allow you to do that. if they did they'd probably sell more. and I'm pretty sure there is no gameshark for the Xbox. what do you think will happen with gamesharks in the future?

kcghost
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Gameshark sold as a cheat device, and there are not much cheaters anymore. The Gamesharks are not nearly as capable as was for N64. Im not sure that Gamshark hackers have gotten lazier neccesarily, but there are probrobly much fewer because the job is probrobly not as easy without the features that the last of thier kind for the N64. Creative game hacking seems to be dead, really hacking from all points and dissecting a game entirely as opposed to getting infinite lives. To many, infinite lives has more rewards.

Then again, maybe not. I think Super Smash Bros Melee has been hacked pretty well, somebody found a debug menu witch lets you play on every stage in the game and play as beta-shades characters and so on. Really the only games that get fully dissected are the absolutley awesome ones, Goldeneye, Perfect Dark, Zelda. Maybe there just hasnt been that great of games. Smile

Erevan
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The newest consols might be programmed to avoid to be hacked. However, how Mad Catz will find ways to hack XBox 360, PS3 and Revolution?

Fear the Darkness
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

well then it would be the fault of the gameshark creators because they don't make their gamesharks capable of doing what they could for N64. I don't know if hacking is dead cause I don't think there were a whole lot of people to begin with, but lots of people used gamesharks.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Had the Gamecube Action Replay included a Code Generator and Memory Editor, I'd be hacking it right now. But I'm not going to shell out more money to buy extra crap I don't need for a console I barely play, just so I can "try" to hack it using my PC. All of this encryption BS is another reason why some people don't bother. I don't know if it was competition, hackers, or the fact that they couldn't copyright codes because they are only an address in the memory of a game. They can, however, copyright the encryption scheme used on those codes. This makes it so they have the final say as to whether or not other websites, other than Code Junkies, can post codes for their products. That's one of the reasons why there are so many unencrypted codes out there.

clowns789
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Erevan wrote:
The newest consols might be programmed to avoid to be hacked. However, how Mad Catz will find ways to hack XBox 360, PS3 and Revolution?

Probably not 360 because MS didn't let an XBox gameshark be built.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Fear the Darkness
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

wonder why they did that. maybe they don't like people cheating

clowns789
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Fear the Darkness wrote:
wonder why they did that. maybe they don't like people cheating

They thought it would hurt game sales.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Fear the Darkness
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

what, having a code generator to let people hack their own codes? it's not like they would have to hack codes if they didn''t want, it would just be there in case you do

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Video game companies back up their reason to hate cheating devices with the idea that using them could decrease sales. Say I have the option of renting or purchasing a game. I buy it, play it for a month, beat it, stick it on my shelf. Or, because I am a cheater and own a GameShark / Action Replay / Code Breaker, I rent the game, use codes, beat it in two days, bring it back to the store, never play it again. That's their mentallity. If I had an infinite amount of health and started with advanced weaponry, it'd take the fun out of the game. With no fun left, there's no reason to buy it. But, on some rare occasions, games like GoldenEye and Perfect Dark can see years of replay value soley because of these devices. I bet more people bought a Shark due to GoldenEye than anything else. Hell, I've boughten six or more just for it alone. It not only makes it fun, but even more enjoyable than the game on its own. You'll hardly ever see it in my console without sitting ontop of a GameShark.

Erevan
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck wrote:
it'd take the fun out of the game. With no fun left, there's no reason to buy it.

It not only makes it fun, but even more enjoyable than the game on its own.

If I wanna a GS, it's to discover how to hack codes because when I test some codes (like moonjump, turbo and walk thr walls in PD) I can go everywhere and it's a pleasure for me. But I know if I hack my own codes and I sell a modified game, it's at my own risk because there are some laws about the copyright and the protection of the games. And it's normal for a company to be against cheat devices.

Gold_N_Eye
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hacking is not illegal and everyone should do it as long its not to improve your stats or cheating online. GO hackers!

kcghost
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah! It is never illegal to modify your own devices or teach others how to modify them. Sometimes(but rareley) it is illegal to sell a device that modifies the device in question. And although illegal, you can get away with distributing a modded game, but never sell it, thats just stupid. ANd .. I got off-track here. Um. Fair Use! Hacking! As long as ... yeah what he said. Very Happy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Game-On! All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: