ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Beta Dam

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye 007
View previous topic :: View next topic  
clowns789
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 6:35 am    Post subject: Beta Dam Reply with quote Back to top

From Detstar:
Quote:

Someone has sent in a video that's allegedly from beta Goldeneye. (view screenshot)
This couldn't possibly be real, could it? Find out in Monday's edition of the Mailbag.

I'll update when the Mailbag comes out. It's probably just a fake to get us excited, but I'll see.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
kcghost
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thats today isnt it? Hasnt updated yet! I cant Wait! (As of 4:26 PM GMT -5)

BTW, my silo story better be in that Mailbag .... Twisted Evil Very Happy

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I can't see destroying the heavy gun emplacement on the "island" being Objective A, but I could be wrong. Perhaps you needed to cross the water in order to retrieve equipment or a key. I know for a fact that another alarm was over there, since I found the incomplete preset for it, which Zoinkity was later able to fix. Not only did you have to neutralize that alarm, but take out the drone gun, too. Who knows, the objectives could have been way different in the BETA mission for Dam. But the objective completion indicator always appears to the lower left of your own view screen. Judging by the angle, Bond would have to be hovering high above the water. Unless, of course, BETA used some camera angles to show off certain sequences, much like the beginning and ending of each mission.

Is it just me, or does it look like there are spotlights lighting up the island?

clowns789
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Turns out it was something on Limewire.

http://www.detstar.com/00/mailbag.cfm

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Figured as much.
If SubDrag didn't already find it, it isn't real.

It's still nice seeing the odd fake GoldenEye story, though. Smile

kcghost
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

In my opinion, it might have been real. Dam changed a LOT when in Beta, the whole mission was drastically harder, as well as its concept. It's impossible to prove anything about the beta Dam exept any "almost final" stuff that was hidden in the released version. Obviosly, the island with an alarm and such almost made it in, but before that was a much different dam, which by the looks of that screen could have:
1. Been at night.
2. Starting point at the other end
3. Better ending cinema scene
4. Probrobly extra alarms in all watchtowers - involve more stealth
5. Other things impossiblke to think of

Plus, something doesnt seem right to me about this pic, Det didnt analyze, he didnt even mention the spotlights ... Im gonna analyze.

Hmmm, I deem it fake. I dont think the mountain scenery would change too much, and the lighting isnt very in-depth. To the left, the mountain is white and way off the final (Extra fog may get that in a camera, but I dont think that much) , but to the right, there is evidence tht it is exactly the same (note the white spot in the water, whats up with that, anyway?). There is also a black dot in the explosion which I dont think should be there. The spotlights are pretty good, but in this bad of detail, they could be easily faked. I think it's a fake, but im no expert, it could just as well be real. The unlikely-ness that that would be Objective A though, thats what makes me think its fake the most. Its objective A probrobly out of convenience using the Master Cheat Menu: Objectives. THere is another thing to ponder though, he would have to have used Levitation, because I couldnt get the angle quite right Moving view from the Watchtower. He was obviosly trying to get that cinema scene feel, but how many cinema scenes do you know happen after an objective? Oh, and despite the spotlights, the lighting on the island is exactly the same. I deem Fake!

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Excellent review, KC.
The cinema scene featuring an explosion on the island while the objective is being registered as completed is what made it seem like a fake to me. Although they could very well have included short scenes for certain objectives back in the earlier days of devolpment. But considering that there isn't a single one of them leftover in the finished product, I doubt they'd have pulled all of them out prior to release. Unless, again, it's part of the mission completion scene. Take the Surface ii, for instance. Bond runs down the stairs in one shot, then in another he is captured by the guards. Same thing goes for the Depot. If the guards are alive in the train before you board it, 007 kills them. Afterwards, he puts his gun away and adjusts his neck tie. Dam even had three different angles of the bungee jump. It's really hard to decide, but there's been so many fakes over the years that it's almost expected that the next discovery be one.

zoinkity

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Completely false. I've seen it before.
1: camera position is not there. Beta positions for doors and boat are, as well as those on island.
2: stuff on island is not in those positions
3: explosions are wrong, not from GE
4: explosions out in nowhere are wrong. GE uses small objects to do that, then a detonation type. you can see them
6: screen shakes with explosion.

this wasn't even a GS job, just creative video editing

zerojett
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

good investigating though KC...
man it wouldve been sweet to have blown it up though... too bad.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
technoPP7
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck wrote:
I can't see destroying the heavy gun emplacement on the "island" being Objective A, but I could be wrong. Perhaps you needed to cross the water in order to retrieve equipment or a key. I know for a fact that another alarm was over there, since I found the incomplete preset for it, which Zoinkity was later able to fix. Not only did you have to neutralize that alarm, but take out the drone gun, too. Who knows, the objectives could have been way different in the BETA mission for Dam. But the objective completion indicator always appears to the lower left of your own view screen. Judging by the angle, Bond would have to be hovering high above the water. Unless, of course, BETA used some camera angles to show off certain sequences, much like the beginning and ending of each mission.

Is it just me, or does it look like there are spotlights lighting up the island?

Basscailty the guy planted remote mines on the island, and used a code to spontainsly make Objectives done, and he put it an a creative camera angle and detanated the mines, It is pretty cool, I'll remember that when I am done hacking The Temple.

Maxout

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

*seizures*

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye 007 All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: