ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

new multiplayer level: Cuba!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
00Dark

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 12:25 am    Post subject: new multiplayer level: Cuba!! Reply with quote Back to top

here's the level ROM:

http://two.xthost.info/00dark/Goldeneye.rom.rom

you must also you these gameshark codes to get the level working:

Code:
8002A8F7 0036
810375BE 58C4

someone please post screenshots! my pj64 crashes every single time i try to take screens. i'll keep everyone updated if i decide make an updated version of this level. and don't forget to thank SubDrag, Wreck, and bmw! they got me through this.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It turned out quite well, especially with all that extra plantlife tossed in. Only thing I would strongly recommend is that you toggle on the flags that allow both bullets and other projectile objects to pass through them. Otherwise, the plants will obstruct your rounds and make hitting your opponent incredibly difficult. Other than that, it's an interesting map. Maybe the armour should go somewhere more dangerous, near the middle of the stage, perhaps? I don't really want to take pics, because Cuba doesn't render too well on my PC. Maybe SubDrag will have better luck on his tomorrow.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Cool stuff. Your persistance paid off in this case, you got to live your dream.

BTW - your failling screenshots may be because you are not right click on the ROM in the PJ64 menu and then changing the settings to Recompiler, Change Memory and Protect, etc.

BTW - this level would benefit from a level scale change, although the visibility needs to be improved.
810447C8 3CC1
810447CA DE99

Here's the glitch Wreck and I were talking about.

Last edited by SubDrag on Fri May 04, 2007 10:35 am; edited 1 time in total

00Dark

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

does Cuba really need a scale change? i think the default size is pretty decent. the level looks small in the visual editor, but it actually seems larger when played ingame. i don't think i'm going to do the scale change after all. i like the original size better, mainly because it's more authentic. plus it would be another carnage level. i mean think about it, 4 players running around in such a small arena? sounds like total mayhem. plus, the mayhem fits the awsome end credits music. it's Live and Let Die at it's best! so do you really need the scale change? i really don't want to do it that way because then i would have to grab presets from the emulator, which i hate doing. i really feel more comfortable using the visual editor, because i can actually see what i'm doing. hell, call me lazy if you want to. i just don't want to do the scale change. besides i can still make it an outragous level by putting explosive stuff practically everywhere, making death absolutely inevitable.

bmw
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Just an FYI - I'm really close to having a gameshark-created multiplayer level using a portion of the jungle. I hope to have it posted soon. You seem to keep forgetting that cuba suffers from multiple drawing problems.

Jungle does to some extent, but I have been able to work around them. So far, I have evaded any drawing problems by placing the plantlife in the right spots.

The area I have closed off is slightly larger than Cuba, and is cool because it also has the crashed plane as a prop.

As you can see from the teaser below, drawing is perfect - you can hide in the bushes.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: