ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Hi-Res Stages...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 3:10 am    Post subject: Hi-Res Stages... Reply with quote Back to top

Don't get too excited just yet, this is still quite new. We managed to get a few of the multiplayer only stages (Temple, Complex, Caves) to load up in one-player mode using Hi-Resolution before, but were having trouble with the missions themselves. About an hour ago, I was successful in getting the Runway to work. However, in order to do so, I needed to lower the amount of memory allocated to the level. This caused nearly all of the objects and characters to use random textures and look horrible. The rest of the stage is fine, though. It's difficult to really tell the difference between regular resolution and Hi-Res on a PC, because of the way it is rendered. I did take two comparsion shots, but it's still tough to see a big change.

Lo-Res vs. Hi-Res

I couldn't quite capture the same area in both shots, which may have something to do with the resolutions. The only two places I can point out are, a) the guard shelter, and b) the fence support pole. The building is more prominent, as it takes up a bigger portion of the picture. It is fairly easy to see a the difference in sharpness there. The support, you may need to look at a little closer. Mainly with the way the colours of grey blend into eachother. The mountains in the background above the roof of the shelter are also somewhat more detailed, but it isn't that easy to tell from these pics.

Here is one more shot, this time of the end scene...

Besides the aeroplane using the wrong textures, you can see that the runway looks quite nice. It's something that would probably look better on console, since the difference would likely be much greater.

I might release an IPS Patch for this sometime, but would like to check into it a bit more first. It's very possible that codes can be made to pull off the same trick. We'll just have to play around with this for a while.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

bmw
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thinking back, I recall successfully loading the depot (barebones) via high-res mode - I think I even showed you a few screenshots.

They might still be on the battlefield forever server...lemme look....

Ah yes, here it is.....
(feb 4, 2007)

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I do remember that, now that you've mentioned it. That was back while we were trying to get Cuba to load in multiplayer mode. We swapped the stage ID's around and you managed to get the Depot going in Hi-Res. I can't recall, but wasn't the stage empty, though? Judging by that photo, it doesn't appear as though there are any doors on the train, nor the guards inside. The memory probably would've needed to be lowered to get it loading with the full setup, like with Runway. Still, either way, the random textures aren't the most appealing part of this process. Hopefully, we'll be able to fix it.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: