ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Uploading codes to a GS 3.3 w/out LED - it CAN BE DONE!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bmw
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 3:04 pm    Post subject: Uploading codes to a GS 3.3 w/out LED - it CAN BE DONE! Reply with quote Back to top

I finally managed to pull it off.

Here is what you need:

-N64 Controller
-N64 Controller 256k Memory Card
-Gameshark 3.2 w/working LED
-Gameshark 3.3
-Parallel port and cable
-Original Datel N64 GS Utilities
-GSCC
-Any N64 game
-Windows 95 or 98

Method:

1) Use the upgrade option on the N64 GS Utilities (on a win 95/98 computer) to upgrade the rom in your GS 3.2 to a 3.3

2) Stacking:
Game
GS 3.3 w/out working led
GS 3.2 (now upgraded to a 3.3) ---Parallel port cable
Console

3) Turn on your console and wait for the main GS menu to come up. Create a blank .txt file and upload it using GSCC. This will clear the memory of both gamesharks. WARNING - DO NOT START THE GAME! Be sure to shut off the console after the blank file uploads

4) Stacking:
Game
GS 3.2 (3.3 upgraded) ---Parallel port cable
Console

5) Turn on the console and wait for the main GS menu. Open the .txt file that contains the codes you want to upload. LIMIT 4900 lines of code (that's about a 73k sized .txt file. The current master file I have posted is a little too large, you'll have to delete a few codes out of it). Upload it w/GSCC.

6) Turn off the console and plug your 256k memory card into your n64 controller. Turn it back on. On the main menu, select "SELECT CHEAT CODES". Highlight the game that has all your newly uploaded codes (like Goldeneye). Press the Z (trigger) button on your controller. Choose "save codes to memory card" - if your memory card is not empty - empty it through the memory card manager and then come back to this step. Save the codes to your memory card.

7) Once the codes are saved, turn off the console, then stack:
Game
GS 3.3 (w/out working led)
Console

8. Turn on your console, wait for main menu. From there, go to "SELECT CHEAT CODES". Highlight "New game" and press the Z trigger. Choose "Load Codes from memory card"

....and hopefully SUCCESS. You can now use this memory card to upload codes to any Gameshark 3.3, regardless of whether or not it has a working LED

MultiplayerX

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 11:08 am    Post subject: that's it!!!! Reply with quote Back to top

it makes sense because the memory card reader still works on non-LED sharks!! what we need to do is have someone write a program that will upload codes with GSCC to a shark through the memory card manager..........ehhhhhuuummmmmm....oooohhhhh wreeeecckkk? Very Happy

GE MASTER
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sorry if these are stupid questions!

The 256k memory card is the same as the original Nintendo 64 memory card? My memory isn't great with those, but I know I have some.

If I only have XP and 3.3's can something still work for me?

bmw
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

As far as I know the 256k was the original. You need one at least that big (I think they might have even made them bigger than that)

The problem is you need a way of getting the codes from your computer to the memory card. The only way that I know of to do this is through a working gameshark port. If you have ANY gamesharks with a working LED/port, you can use that to get the codes to your memory card. From there you can upload them to your gamesharks.

GE MASTER
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm wondering about a DEX drive. Sheesh I'm old, my memory is going. What the heck does the DEX drive do? My buddy still might have one kicking around. Okay, only 8 freakin bux from ztnet store! Yep, transfer files to your memory cards. Hmm.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I think the Dex Drive were just saves. If it interfaces with the GameShark, I do not know.

bmw
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The Dex Drive wouldn't have to interface with the gameshark - its the memory card which you would be interfacing with the gameshark as it is possible to store gameshark codes on your memory card and upload them to any gameshark from the memory card, even gamesharks w/out an LED.

The question I have is exactly what format does the gameshark store the code list onto the memory card? If it is a format compatible with the Dex Drive, it SHOULD work.

I just might have to buy myself one of these devices and experiment. If it works, I could distribute the MASTER codes file as both a .txt file and a .whatever format is dex-drive compatible. Then anybody could upload codes to ANY gameshark with nothing more than a dex drive and a memory card and a PC.

The procedure would look something like this:
-Download the master codes file from the internet
-Upload the codes file to your memory card through your dex drive through the parallel port
-Send the codes to your gameshark from the memory card through your N64 controller.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: