ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

[MISSION] Library
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Objectives: Complete
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bmw
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 9:42 pm    Post subject: [MISSION] Library Reply with quote Back to top

LINKS FIXED 4/15/08

HERE IT IS - DOWNLOAD FROM THIS LINK

Procedure:

1) Open up the Goldeneye Setup editor, TOOLS, Apply IPS Patch

2) Select your Goldeneye Rom, click OPEN

3) Select "library.ips", click OPEN

4) Type in any file name and click save. This will create your new rom.

IF YOU GET ANY ERRORS ATTEMPTING THE ABOVE:

1) Download this free hex editor and use it to open your original goldeneye rom.

2) The beginning and end of the file should look like this:

3) If the end does not end at that spot, delete everything beyond C0 0000.

4) If line 3 of the beginning in the text field has the word "GOLDENEYE" scrambled up then do the following:
4a) Edit-->Select All
4b) Operations-->Flip bytes-->word

5) Save your changes then try to apply the patch again.

--------------------------------
everybody:
NOW YOU HAVE TO MAKE SOME CHANGES IN PJ64

1) Open your new rom in PJ64.

2) Go to Options --> Settings. Change the data in the following tab as follows:

3) If you don't have that tab available, go to the OPTIONS tab and UNCHECK Hide Advanced Settings

Once you've done all that, you should be able to play the Library Mission. If you have any specific problems/questions, post them.

Please don't post any comments, screenshots, videos, etc in this thread. Post them in the spoilers thread.

Last edited by bmw on Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:34 pm; edited 5 times in total

moonraker808
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

What mission do we select to play library?

bmw
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I did a text mod - you should see "Library" in the second mission slot where Facility normally is. I didn't bother with image mods.

If you still see facility then something went wrong in the application of the IPS patch.

moonraker808
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

okay, just checking before I apply the patch

moonraker808
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I am having problems still, it says the file is a bad rom after I apply the patch; and flip all the words around to be right. The file Ends at C0 0000: and I am trying to open it up in project 64 1.6 but it's not working.
Heres a screen shot:

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

@moonraker808: It should say Bad ROM. But just play it, it'll work!

@BMW, the sadistic Goldeneye level genius.

GOOD GOSH. That level is amazing!!!! I've got it working on a backup device, you MUST play that on console. I played for about an hour and a half until I was afraid my Doctor V64 would break.

Backup Compatible
http://www.battlefieldforever.com/hackers/ge/patches/gelibrarybackupcompatible[bmw].ips

DEAR GOSH BMW, I've blown up that facility more times than I can count hahahah. So many false computers, goood gosh hehehe. I finally found the main control room today, but I have had little luck doing anything significant. I did beat agent at least. Every time I try and disable any conventional weapons the whole place blows hahah. I know there's secret doors somewhere...

My biggest issue is finding the main alarm switch. It says it's nearby...but I don't see it. Will try again later.

AMAZING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! There are so many nice little touches in here, it's stunning. I can't believe the guards can traverse this level so well, for one.

Videos soon.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Can't...wait any more...playing again. (check your pms moonraker)

moonraker808
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

thanks subdrag that was really helpful Very Happy

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I just beat Secret Agent. It was quite QUITE AWESOME. I love how you're supposed to exit the level. Finally figured it out. If there is a way to turn off the alarm I don't know it.

00 agent is difficult, I somehow set off the alarms in the main control room and then well it kinda went downhill from there.

I have captured a video of secret agent, however I am holding off on posting it until you get a chance to play the level. It's WAY more fun to figure everything out yourself.

Now to find those books.

moonraker808
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

BMW, your level has me salivating. It has the essance of the origonal game, but it's has it's own origonal creative elements. I can say that without a doubt this level is better then every other level in goldeneye that was created by the origonal rareware team! Now all you have to do is remake the whole game Very Happy

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I have finally found the way to disable the alarm...wow, I should've realized that...

For the record, this level is the exact reason why I worked so hard to make this level editor. Cheers, it's such a great brilliant level, so many minor really cool things.

bmw
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Glad to hear you both like it Smile

btw - if you look down in the forum I made a separate thread for spoilers. Videos, screenshots, whatever.

moonraker808
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'll post some screen shots soon.

bmw
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

moonraker808 wrote:
Now all you have to do is remake the whole game Very Happy

lol, only 19 more levels to go. I actually am looking at writing a train mission. I have some ideas for it, not sure if and when I'll ever get to it. I think I need a break for now.

THOUGH, now that I'm comfortable using the editor, I could probably crank out a level much faster. Plus, there were a lot of extra things that had to be done with library since it started truly from scratch. At least with solo original missions, things like paths and sets and doors are already in place.

moonraker808
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

That would be awsome!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Objectives: Complete All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: