ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

[MISSION] Library
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Objectives: Complete
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Sorrow 316
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

this is a nice Level! Good job!!

bmw
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

SubDrag wrote:
00 agent is difficult, I somehow set off the alarms in the main control room and then well it kinda went downhill from there.

Umm, I believe if you destroy either of the 2 keyboard-consoles the alarm goes off.

I heavily guarded that room. Did the rocket launchers take you by surprise? Then again, that's not really a surprise since I used a camera from that room as one of the intro shots - you can see the guards standing there with rocket launchers.

Oh, and the swirl cam - did I do that basically right?

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Swirl cam is perfect. You can add an animation for Bond if you want in the intro blocks.

Pretty much if you destroy or activate anything the nukes explode or alarms go off Smile

Those rockets TOTALLY took me by surprise. I saw the intro for it, but didn't really notice. That was awesome.

TS_Death_Angel
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Magnificent level, although it is a bit jumpy at times on the N64 Wink Great work! <3

bmw
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

There are 3 known areas of lag:

The big library room with the big bookshelves.

The larger of the 2 basement control rooms.

Anytime you set off an alarm more than once without having killed off all the guards from the first activation. This can cause the game to almost come to a screeching hault.

As for the first 2, I did everything I could through tweaking of the guard code to minimize lag. Believe me, it was considerably worse at some times through development.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I couldn't even notice it when I played.

moonraker808
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

wait a minute BMW, did you import those missile models? Up till now I have assumed they were always in there, but now I am not sure.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

This is a terrific event to come back to, that is for sure. I've been able to check out the progress of this mission from the beginning, and it's a pleasure to see the finished product.

You've really done an incredible job on the Library, BMW. It's a totally new experience, even for veteran players. The characters interact amazingly well with the background and props. Seeing the librarians take off out of their rooms, down the ramp, around the corner, and toward the sealed door, is awesome. The guards manage to track you down nicely, even with the fake walls which can obstruct them sometimes, they still perform. I had that same issue with the cell in my Q Lab Device Training stage. The objects you've used fit the map like they were always meant to be there. Your cameras are positioned in locations that make them both dangerous and tricky to get at before the alarm is sound. All of the extra booby-trapped computer terminals force you to replay it a few times before knowing which is safe and which is a death trap. The files are placed realistically, as well as naturally. Finding them all will be a task in itself. That safe still looks great. It knocks the snot out of the Depot's. You've split up the weapon types nice and evenly. The creation of a Radiation Detector deserves a round of applause. It's a great new gadget that works perfectly. I'm also happy to see that the Safe Cracker was included in the end. Top notch, all round.

I've only been successful in completing the mission on Agent mode, thus far. I did get near the end on Secret, but was pegged off by a group of charging Iranian's. It'll require a few more tries to learn all the right moves. I'll also try my best not to exploit any possible glitches in order to complete the stage with more ease. Be thankful, I do it all the time in everyother circumstance. Razz

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

Maxout

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

*Bang!*

Not everyone uses words to describe something.

http://www.youtube.com/Greatermaxim

bmw
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

This is my own creation and I still can't get a decent time on 00 agent. I have only beaten it once.

I even know the extra tricks - like exactly what events trigger what guards and where. Apparently that knowledge is not enough.

re: wreck - keep in mind with that safe, I did that BEFORE the visual editor was released. Oh, and did you like the safe cracking sound effects I created?

Which is something a lot of you probably don't know - I had quite a bit on this done BEFORE the release of the visual editor. It took hours and hours and hours to manually size and place stuff.

moonraker808
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

you created your own sound bmw? Or you used another sound for the safe cracker?

Maxout

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Getting job offers from every tech firm yet?

http://www.youtube.com/Greatermaxim

bmw
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well, I used a single "click" which was already pre-existing, but I looped it into multiple loops of clicks and silence.

And no - still pretty close to being unemployed Smile

moonraker808
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

ah interesting, how did you manage to do that? I think one day the editor may hold the capibility to swap the music in and out. What files did you have to mess around with to do that?

bmw
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I didn't mess with any of the files - all I did was use action blocks to create loops. I used the C4 command to set sound and put that in a loop that looped like 30 times (30 clicks) - then a second loop that looped silence 20-30 times, back and forth, etc.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Objectives: Complete All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: