ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Library Mission SPOILERS (screenshots, vids, comments, etc)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bmw
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 9:44 pm    Post subject: Library Mission SPOILERS (screenshots, vids, comments, etc) Reply with quote Back to top

If you have any comments or cool screenshots or comments about the mission, post 'em here.

Oh yeah, and post your best times too. I'll also be curious to see who is the first person to beat it on the toughest difficulty - I can't even beat it on that difficulty Exclamation

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The book in the bookcase is one of the coolest things. I've found a lot of documents and books heh, but not all yet. Keep setting off that alarm too hehe. I think there are two ways to disable it, will need to play more.

Here's my secret agent run:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=8TBXY3nFCKc

Everybody needs backup devices so they can do speed runs and such, that'd be awesome.

Oh I found a glitch, you can still activate the alarms even if the computer has been destroyed. And it randomly crasheson console when rockets on are fired, not sure why.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Here's some random footage of me when I was first playing the level. Yeah, I didn't fare well ;p And that doesn't include most of the computers I tried to activate.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1-augs5L64

moonraker808
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

subdrag, you do realise that in the first room the the civillian there is a key on the shelf right?

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

There...is?

http://www.rarewitchproject.com/images/007ge/bmwlevel3.jpg
http://www.rarewitchproject.com/images/007ge/bmwlevel2.jpg
http://www.rarewitchproject.com/images/007ge/bmwlevel1.jpg
http://www.rarewitchproject.com/images/007ge/bmwlevel4.jpg

moonraker808
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

yeah I circled it in red :

moonraker808
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Here I made a picture for BMW's mission Very Happy

bmw
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

FINALLY! I had all but given up. Finally beat it on 00-agent difficulty. Took me almost 14 minutes but I pulled it off. One life bar left. So anyways, this is proof that it CAN be done.

And on a run earlier today, I ALMOST beat it even after having set off an alarm. I wish I coulda shot video of that run - I was running around like a bat out of hell avoiding the alarm-spawned guards.

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Awesome mission. I beat it on Agent, couldn't find the last nuke on Secret Agent. Speaking of that, I'd like the suggest something if you update this, can you display a message when you photograph a weapon? I wasn't sure if I was actually getting them or not.

bmw
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Dragonsbrethren wrote:
can you display a message when you photograph a weapon? I wasn't sure if I was actually getting them or not.

That was something I actually wanted to implement but there is no action block available which tests whether or not the camera has just been used. So its something that cannot be done. I've found the only ones which are picky are the ones behind the glass in the brown/green area - if you stand back as far as possible and make sure the whole weapon is in view it should work.

Nekojin
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 7:39 am    Post subject: re Reply with quote Back to top

So finally I got this to work Smile

So here is my first Agent "speedrun" (not yet fast enough), but I will work on this.

So time is 42 seconds so far.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrbAfBgXk8k

I have now played some time this mission. I have to say, it is one of my favorite ones.

So here is a picture of my secret "run". There are a lot of possibilities to get better, but I think my way is good.

Time is 03:22

Picture is here: http://www.250kb.de/u/070529/j/441abda6.jpg

I used the "Enable All Levels" Cheat in order to open the secret difficulty,don't know why I have problems with that.

BMW, since you are the creator of this level:

Is it normal, when you blast the first 2 weapons, that, if you not really are in front of the explosives, the sometimes not explode?

I mean, I shoot at the weapons 5 times, but then they dissapear or simply not explode (if I am a bit away). And when you shoot again 5 times, you know what happens then^^

So anyway good work, even that the 2 guards in the 1st Computer Room (The one where you get the safecracker) not open the door when you shoot it (take the train agent speedrun for example, the shoot the door and the guards open it, so that you can get faster in).

Very good.

Last edited by Nekojin on Mon May 28, 2007 8:01 am; edited 1 time in total

Nekojin
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

So here it goes: 00 Agent under 10 Minutes.

http://img101.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=69304_ge_00_under_10_122_893lo.jpg

Faster times will follow

///Edit///

New Time (not very happy with it)

04:35

Last edited by Nekojin on Tue May 29, 2007 2:07 pm; edited 2 times in total

bmw
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 12:57 pm    Post subject: nicely done Reply with quote Back to top

Wow, good time. Guess that blows away my 13:something.

Nekojin
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hello, Here is a new one. 04:30 with a video, unfortunately no sound and has more than 100 mb so I guess I will opload it tomorrow or make a new one.

I don't like this "run" well, you will see why, just not flawless.

I think a 04:10 is possible, with some efforts maybe a 3:xx. I am not sure if the way that I choose is the fastest one.

Some infos:

Normally you get the Computerkey faster, because the guard is already waiting for you, for some reason, sometimes he needs more time.

As for the rest:

Normally the rocked launcher don't shoot at me, but this way is easier I think.

After getting a rocked launcher, sometimes the guards already wait for you in the "download to floppy" section, here you can simply kill them all by shooting a rocket.

As for the rest, still a lot waste of time in this run.

Anyway BMW thank you for this awesome level. Next to Egyptian 00 this is my favorite level.

///Edit///

I found a great tool that has cut it from 114 to 26 mb, awesome.
-> SID Video Cutter & Splitter

As for recording, since I use Hyper Cam 2, I can not record audio without recording everything here in the room, since this program uses the microfon. That is not really a problem, but in order to hear something, I have to set the audio speaker to the maximum and this is not really good for playing.

Well I will see about that tomorrow.

Hope you found some new tricks to get faster trough the level.

Remember, never fear an enemy or you will never beat the game^^

Upload is at about 40%, just a few more minutes :)

Last edited by Nekojin on Tue May 29, 2007 2:56 pm; edited 1 time in total

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Going to have to compete. I think I can beat the SA time, 00 is still quite hard.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: