ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Library Mission SPOILERS (screenshots, vids, comments, etc)
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nekojin
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

My times:

Agent: 00:39
Secret Agent: 03:19
00 Agent: 4:30 (well looks like I used 2 bugs without knowing^^, too bad)

Here is the 00 Agent walktrough:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0q_Y8DG6Aw

Last edited by Nekojin on Wed May 30, 2007 8:31 am; edited 6 times in total

bmw
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

For making videos to upload to youtube, I usually just use Real Producer Basic v8.5 to cut down my file sizes. At the highest quality setting, the filesize is around 4-5 MB/minute

bmw
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Nekojin wrote:
My times:

Agent: 00:42
Secret Agent: 03:19 (new)
00 Agent: 4:30

Here is the 00 Agent walktrough:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0q_Y8DG6Aw

Ok, I watched the video, and I see you've already found some unintended glitches which allow you to beat the stage in ways I had not intended.

First, those panes of glass in the basement where you destroy the missles - I guess I should have turned down the health of the glass as you can destroy the missles w/out actually breaking the glass.

Second, I see the bullets penetrate the glass in the secondary basement control room. Whoops.

Oh well, I'm not going to re-release the stage. I'll leave it as is - kudos for figuring out those shortcuts.

Nekojin
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Could you please release a video (maybe using Unlimited Energie), to show me how you wanted the level to be?

I guess I forgot to do somethings you wanted me to right?

//Question//

At about 2:55 to 3:00 where I shoot the glass, did you know that you can destroy the glass without any alarm?

bmw
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, the glass at 2:55 was supposed to be invincible and unpenetrable - the idea was to destroy the missles through the vent grating from upstairs.

Much earlier in the video, around :40 I think, that glass was supposed to be weak enough that it would shatter and set off an alarm before you hit the missles behind it with enough bullets to destroy them. The idea was to be required to disable the alarm system prior to destroying the glass.

Those are the only 2 things.

Nekojin
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I tried destroying them before on this way, but that took too much time, also tried to scan them trough the vent, but it did not work.

Anyway, no level is perfect without bugs.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Nekojin that is an impressive run, wow.

Supposed to destroy the missiles from the vent grading upstairs, whadya know. I just thought you had to set the alarm off and then rush out.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It took some doing, but I finally completed the mission on 00 Agent mode with a time of 7:25. I've grown to have a huge beef with my current controller, as well as the Auto-Aim function. Neither one have been very cooperative in my efforts to beat the stage. Complaints aside, it was a great new challenge. Hats off, BMW. Wink

By the way, just so you know, the Best Time at 1:25 is regarding a run through of the Facility on 00 Agent mode.
Strange coincidence how they both ended on the twenty-five second mark.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

moonraker808
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

wow wreck that's crazy, how did you manage to beat facility that fast? And BMW's level is way harder and takes longer. Great level, I still havn't beat it on secret agent never mind 00 agent, but I got close but got shot in the back.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It's more than likely that I had used some cheat codes to achieve that fast a time for 00 Agent Facility. Playing GoldenEye on my PC isn't all that spectacular, performance wise. So cheating helps even the odds a bit. But, I didn't use any during my Library runs. If I used all the tricks we've figured out over the years, my time would be a lot faster than the 7:25 I reached.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

Nekojin
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well 1:25 is fast for Facility, but not the world record, even without cheats:

http://ia300210.us.archive.org/2/items/GoldenEye_00Agent/GoldenEye_00_Facility_057.wmv

Anyway good time, did you also use the glitches?

Maxout

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wow, someone's outdoing themselves. Gotta build up the interest again for playing this way of PC.

http://www.youtube.com/Greatermaxim

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: