ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Perfect Dark Editor Unfinished Never to Be Finished Release
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Carrington's Hacker Central
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 12:27 pm    Post subject: Perfect Dark Editor Unfinished Never to Be Finished Release Reply with quote Back to top

http://www.rarewitchproject.com/media/misc/pdeditorfinalallphanevertobecompleted.rar

I lost the source after a month of work half a year ago, and it is highly improbably it will ever be resumed or finished. However, due to its loss, the Visual Editor in GE was done, so personally I like the trade.

It is however, an interesting look at how PD differs from GE, and the action blocks are fascinatingly much more complex, etc.

Use as own risk. I remember it used to be able to save successfully, and convert ROM, on at least some levels. I've definitely modified the starting weapons successfully.

NOTE: No visual editor, grabbing pads doesn't work, and never figured out how it does room pointers. As well as many pads are incorrectly id'ed. I always found Wreck's background to be spectacular, and far better than the GE ones.

cactus
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks SubDrag. Even though I'm horrible at using an Editor.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It's nice to see this being released, even if we weren't able to get more done on it. Having your hard drive crash and losing everything is a terrible pain. So much data gone, never to be seen again. Atleast you had this backup made before it happened.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

ColdshadowX
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

What do you open it with

00Dark

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

hey SubDrag, couldn't you atleast release this setup editor as a complete beta? i know how hard it must be to just suddenly lose everything on your computer, it happened to me when my WindowsXP reformatted itself automatically. i was pissed. but can you atleast release this setup editor with the same equivalent features as the Goldeneye Setup Editor 1.0? it doesn't have to have everything all at once, just the features that are absolutely essential to making a complete setup for solo and multi. you don't have to add a visual editor, 21990 mod, image compression tools, etc. right away on the first version of this editor, it can be the same equivalent as the GoldenEditor 1.0. if you just take it one step at a time, then this editor will blossom into a complete editor, with all the extra 21990 features, etc. just like the newest GoldenEye Editor. i would really like to see this thing be released atleast as a complete beta.

PS: if you do decide to complete this thing, be sure to save all your work as you go along. save it on a floppy disk for a backup. that is what's absolutely essential.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

That's an alpha and will be the final version. It is functional, but you don't have access to edit everything. I lost too much work that I don't want to redo. And yes, I should've backed it up more often; had backed it up fairly often, then got lazy towards the end, but luckily had GE's backed up.

00Dark

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

ok fine, i won't get all desperate and beg you to complete this project (no matter how much i want to), but i do have a couple questions. first of all, what all can i edit? second, how am i supposed to convert the ROM if i can't choose one in preferences?

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Tools -> Convert ROM works. Quicksave was never implemented.

ColdshadowX
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Damn it subdrag! Why! YOU WILL FINISH THIS! IT IS A RARE GAME! WE ARE COUNTING ON YOU!

MAKE IT ALL OVER AGIAN! WE DON"T CARE!

DAMN IT

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

There's a lot of work to be done, and much of it isn't programming (hacking, figuring out how it all works). Don't have it in me, we're talking a lot of man hours. I'd rather tweak the GE Editor a bit more and call it.

ColdshadowX
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well...how did u make the editor..maybe everyone here should help! Make things quicker!

zoinkity

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The biggest problem is most of PD *makes no sense*. I'm certainly not looking forward to doing a few hundred action types. I doubt even Krijy has half a clue how most of this stuff works.

It does allow presets, objects, intros, actions, etc to be editted. In fact, it is rather comparable to GEdit 1.0 - minus the labelling. If you compare it to the original release, they're at about the same state.

You can make setup files; most notably you can build multiplayer setups for solo stages, and then fuss over attaching them into the menus. Used with Krijy's documentation you should be able to build some useful stuff.

There is also a very sound reason not to do it at the moment, and that has to do with patching. A different patching format is required for PD, because IPS can't handle files over 128MB. It only allows three bytes for addresses, and PD goes into four. Implementing Ninja or something similar could be managed... eventually... hopefully...

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I think I made an identical patching format, just extended to 4 bytes, not 3, and it's called .rwp.

One of the biggest holdups from PD is you can't grab presets. I never to this day figured out how room pointers work, and I'm not quite sure if it grabs coords even.

The PD action blocks were fun, but there are soo many. And not to mention there are now F3-F8, and I think they had to do with co-op, but never quite figured it out.

I'd love a PD editor, but it's too much work and effort I don't have in me again. Not to mention adding a visual part and getting it way up to speed to the new GE Editor.

armymen12002003
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

how do you convert the roms?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I thought it was working but it looks like you'll need to do it manually with Krijy's document on perfectdarkforever.com (to know where to put it).

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Carrington's Hacker Central All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: