ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

explosion size mods...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Carrington's Hacker Central
View previous topic :: View next topic  
00Dark

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 8:46 pm    Post subject: explosion size mods... Reply with quote Back to top

are there any explosion size mods? if so, do they work on explosive shells functions?

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hmm. There isn't one right now. Do you have the GE ones, for curiosities sake? I keep losing that code. I'll try and port if I can find it, if they do it the same way.

00Dark

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

sorry, i don't have the GoldenEye explosion mods and yeah, GoldenEye explosions and Perfect Dark explosions probably do work exactly the same. the explosions from both games look pretty much the same. i don't think Rare overwrote the explosion types, instead they probably just lowered the sizes for explosive shell shots. this is all just a guess though.

cactus
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Though if you're going to resize the explosions, remember to also lower the power level. Or else a Phoenix's tiny explosion can cause death easily a couple of foot away. (I never resized explosions, but I'm taking a wild guess)

fantsu

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

code for changing the size of an explosion? nice, somebody do that.... mmm...

00Dark

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

cactus wrote:
Though if you're going to resize the explosions, remember to also lower the power level. Or else a Phoenix's tiny explosion can cause death easily a couple of foot away. (I never resized explosions, but I'm taking a wild guess)

um, do you know what the codes are to resize the explosions?? i need explosion size mods for the weapon i'm making.

fantsu

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

yeah, me too, and those explosion speeds too.....

cactus
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

00dark wrote:
cactus wrote:

um, do you know what the codes are to resize the explosions?? i need explosion size mods for the weapon i'm making.

Yeah! If explosion was an object I could resize it! (Probably not)

InsomniaDMX
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Changing explosion size *may* be possible, but probably only by messing with projectiles after they're fired. I imagine that each bullet that is currently in-air has its own tiny little table that determines what kind of things it will do, including a vector, velocity (if they don't all have the same, because I cannot tell), type of projectile (which would include what kind of explosion it'll make), and maybe a few other less important things.

A better approach would be to mess with the gun instead of the bullets. If you want a big explosion, you might as well make your gun shoot rockets.

That is possible, but it may conflict with some stuff.

Read this and take a crack at it... I'll give you a hint, the first few lines of the cheat at the bottom utilizes something that you could use to give your gun rocket firing capability. PM me if you want.

I made a huge update to my doc, and although it seems like I'll be leaving it to the reader to do some stuff, actually, I will take some time to fill in everything someday.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
fantsu

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Btw, subdrag already changed the sizes of GE explosions, so I think it would possible in PD too...

Anyone remember also the good looking green explosions he created?

Soo... you can also chance the color in PD too..

The big explosions in PD would be nice, but I always get my game crashing, if I try to chance these Very Happy

Heheheehee, I suck...
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Carrington's Hacker Central All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: