ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

GoldenEye online? YES, believe it!!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Online And Emulation
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GE MASTER
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 10:12 pm    Post subject: GoldenEye online? YES, believe it!! Reply with quote Back to top

Okay, I've just played a full 5 minute game online, no desynch at all and I'm PST and the other guy was EST. That means we are on the opposite sides of the continent. The lag or lack thereof can only be better as you are closer to your opponents. This is crazy. I'm almost speechless. Framerate was solid as you might hope for. The fact is, it's online guys. This is simply crazy.

Last edited by GE MASTER on Sun Jun 17, 2007 2:21 pm; edited 1 time in total

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Was that using Mupen? And if so, can you at some point play G5 Building or Car Park multi and record video of it.

GE MASTER
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yep it was using Mupen64k, which is a new release. PD wise, I'm going to look into that. At this point, I'm trying to arrange something so that we can use a GE savestate that has a bunch of codes on it for multiplayer. Mupen64k doesn't have a cheat option, but there are ways around that. Using a modified version of GE that includes new maps or Gameshark codes will be an option. I've been waiting for this a long long time. Many times thinking it can't really happen. It seems after testing that has been done, this emu is able to perform online GE. The proof is that it can be done. The playability factor was high which is the variable that has been missing in previous emu's online play. The fact is, the GE multiplayer rush was happening for me during an online match.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Actually GE Master, I meant G5 and Car Park for GE Smile You would want the nonbackupcompatible one for G5, and Car Park both versions are fine. These complete ROM conversions, you might need to adjust some settings in Mupen because it modifies the checksum, however it requires no GameShark codes. Well let me know how it goes when you conduct better tests, maybe we can get a GE Forever league.

okaygo, what did you mean by internal core support for the dumps? What dumps?

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Oh cool, actually the ROMs haven't been released, only ips patches. There are probably a few ips patches that are far and above better than the rest (which would yield ROMs with new checksums). If I send you a zip of them, would you be able to do it?

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Okaygo and I just tried Car Park multi. While it looked spectacular, there was a ton of turning lag sadly. Perhaps we're not quite there yet. Still, if you got it to not lag, I'd like to see the video (any level).

moonraker808
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

does anyone have a link to the emulator? Has it been released yet?

okaygo, will you be able to fix the lag time on hacked levels? Could you make it so that you can configure the emulator manually to see hacked roms as proper roms?

moonraker808
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

One quick question, any sound support?

moonraker808
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

oh lol, does sounds lag?

gri007
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 6:19 pm    Post subject: say i hate to say it Reply with quote Back to top

but on mupen im having the same prob as pjk64 u know about when u start a multiplayer game the other person thinks he is winning and u think you are winning. and the person you are playing is karata chopping at u when he is actually killing u in his version of the game....if i dont have something set up right plz give me the info because im a diehard fan of goldeneye and have always wanted to play someone on my level, ( you know where im from you dont get to many good players. u smoke them a couple of times and they dont want to play no more). so if anyone knows how to fix that problem plz get at me. peace gri007

GE MASTER
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

you can pm me or at least hook up on the ip address from emutalk forums post by okaygo. sorry i dont have the link.

acidglow
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Holy damn.. Mupen only lasted a month and then it died out? I thought things would've picked up for GE online.... PJ 64k is only good for Smash Brothers.. shooters have horrible delay in that...

Damn.. guess it was a waste of my time...

AcidGlows YouTube

gri007
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

acidglow your smoking crack you must have not played anyone online yet because goldeneye multiplayer online is stronger than ever. i hate to hate on u but its true
gri007

acidglow
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I've viewed the same servers I browse for GE players and they are always almost nobody playing. hmm.

AcidGlows YouTube

GE MASTER
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Do you think this is a top news story for IGN. So....where do people hear about it? Yes word of mouth. I have no worries about this. Did you hear about the demand for GE on Wii? Perhaps a portion of those people might be interested in online play? You can figure that out.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Online And Emulation All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: