ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Citadel on Backup Device

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zoinkity

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 6:24 am    Post subject: Citadel on Backup Device Reply with quote Back to top

Playable Citadel? That's so last year...
Well, the early stupid patches wouldn't let you play the game on a backup device, ie. DrV64. These new, stupid patches will! There are a couple advantages to it as well, even if you're one of those annoying people who only play with emulators. It doesn't screw up sound, images, or otherwise. Plus, the stage select image is all nice and shiny ;*)

http://www.geocities.com/nefariousdogooder/Citadel/Citadel-BU.zip

Apply it like you would any other ips patch to an *unbyteswapped* rom or use the amazing Goldeneye Setup Editor's patching and flipping utilities! (only at RareWitchProject.com)

These patches are only for backup devices and (sigh) emus. If you want to play it with a gameshark, you don't have to mess with that. Mess with this!
http://www.rarewitchproject.com/media/citadel/citadel.zip

-Zoinkity

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Whoo!

00Dark

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

OMG, i really need to get me a Doctor V64!

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Excellent.
I remember a few people who were trying to get the older version to work on their backup devices without any success. I know first hand that Citadel is a much better experience on console, so playing it on a backup device should be near identical.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

zoinkity

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Citadel is amazing on console. Just the firefights in room 1 alone...

I still prefer the gameshark route myself. Requires less rearranging. This one is slightly different than the uploaded one though. It has more stuff in it and I think there are a couple additional spawn locations. The uploader was still restricted to using library's weapon set, after all.

I think the revision has 15 weapon locations, two body armour, and something like 13 spawn locations. It was certainly near the limit in spawns...

Raz
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

this is awesome, the glitches on the weapons in the old version really bugged me.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: