ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

On Mupen and Plugins and Things...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Online And Emulation
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kcghost
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 2:10 pm    Post subject: On Mupen and Plugins and Things... Reply with quote Back to top

I have been messing around with the new emulator Mupen alot lately trying to get better performance, mostly in trying new plugins, with no luck really. But I did come up with a big updated set of every plugin that there is (I think). All, the graphics plugins, inputs, sounds, even a couple RSPs. In the end I still use Jabos D3D8 1.6, and the default sound and RSP, but its a nice, convenient collection. I noticed that the Nrage input plugin that comes with Mupen is outdated, the most updated is in this set I put together. Along with a working Mouse and Keyboard configuration for Goldeneye (which works pretty well, it can play similiar to a regular FPS, which is really nice).

So heres my set of plugins if anybody wants it: http://kcghost.googlepages.com/plugins.zip

It includes a ton of plugins with their ReadMes and the latest Project64 RDB file (Which is recquired to run Jabos with Mupen) Just extract it right in your Mupen64K 0.61 directory.

Me and GE Master just played online recently, and its great, no desynch whatsoever. I have read that it only desynchs when players are not using the same input plugins. However it only runs as fast as the slowest computer, and my computer doesnt really run that well.

I determined the cause of my performance issue to be the most basic, processor speed. I have a 1.5 ghz processor and cheap RAM, and no matter how good a graphics card I have, I lag. No matter what plugin either. So whats a cheap geek to do? Overclock of course. Very Happy I upped the FSB to 117, giving me close to 1.8 ghz out of a 1.5 processor. I cant up the voltage to give it more (my BIOS wont let me), but nor do I want to, I dont have any type of advanced cooling for any more heat. It gives a noticable difference in my gameplay, although its still nowhere close to where I want it, but there is not much more I can do. Hopefully I can play better online now.

As Im ranting Id like to mention umm... Tetris? Yeah, umm.. friggin awesome, I gotta check out the latest editor, and maybe get back on my Beta Restoration project. And tons of new levels I should try out that Im sure are awesome.

moonraker808
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

hey man long time no see Very Happy

The editor has changed alot since you were last here.

There is now a back/redo button, a ton of tutorials included a way to chnage the check sum of the rom and flip the bytes as well as trim the rom.

There is quite a bit more, thanks to Subdrag, he's the man!

GE MASTER
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yep, great to see you here KC! Glad to hear your Mupen trials are turning out better.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

BMW's Library mission is awesome, and Car Park and G5 are fun multi.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Online And Emulation All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: