ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

MULTI Bonds Question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
connery as bond
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 11:53 am    Post subject: MULTI Bonds Question Reply with quote Back to top

Hello, again. I was on a website Goldeneye Detstar (goldeneye.detstar.com), and I came across an ALL BONDS section. I scrolled down, where it showed two pictures. One with the Bond's real name (Connery, Moore, Dalton, Brosnan) and another labelled with just BOND. I was wondering if there was a digit for those names (Connery, Moore, Dalton, Brosnan), and I am asking the great hackers at this forum to help me out.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I don't think the text is still there, but you can rename the text using GameShark codes. Here's two resources that will help:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/n64/file/197462/3233
http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/n64/file/197462/3234

connery as bond
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

How would you change "Bond" to Brosnan?

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You'd have to make codes to change a string of text, then use the character name code to give them that name. There are no strings with the actors' names in the game anymore.

Makes me curious what Rare had planned, if they'd even have the actors' names or just use the portraits to differentiate between them. I'm leaning towards the latter, names would seem out of place. Then again, the filenames do use the actors' names, so who knows.

connery as bond
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I think it is a little confusing with all of them saying BOND, but then again, the civilian's say CIVILIAN. It makes me wonder too.

But BOND only has four letters and BROSNAN has three more. It says at the top, only one or 2 more...

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It's true, Bond is too short, if you modify it, and change to BROSNAN then a (00 in hex), it will run into the next character.

connery as bond
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Then what would I do for this? Could I modify the name BOND to something else, and then use the name changer?

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

What I would do is swap the pointers for example, of Helicopter Pilot and Bond, then make Helicopter Pilot to Brosnan using the editing, and Bond to Pilt or something.

Modifying those pointers is done by the first document:
"1.7 The character select screen name slots
(replace +++ with the following)"

connery as bond
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

A002B199 00EF.

So then I would just use the editor to change GENERAL to BROSNAN?

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

If you use the editor, you can just edit the text file. If you use gameshark files, you'd do that (to switch BOND to use GENERAL), then modify the location based on my FAQ (the second one listed).

connery as bond
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Now I am getting confused. I don't quite get what your saying?

So, I am using a gameshark. So would I change Bond to General. Then change General to Brosnan using your codes? I am really confused now. Can someone help me with this one?

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah. You would change the Bond text to instead load the General text. Then using my FAQ, you would rename General to Brosnan.

connery as bond
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thank you for your help, Subdrag. I would have never got this if you didn't explain it to me. Sorry, that I didn't get it at first, but now I do. Thanks again.
- Mt. Hochkonig
- TBA

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: