GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

GoldenEye NOT on Revolution...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
PaD
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Activision... they got Quake 4 afaik.

Might mean REALLY good bond games till 2014 Smile

Erevan
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

How Activision got Bond license and what pushed EA to sell it?

D.J Cat
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I agree with Wreck's ideas and comments on page 1.

Gpodeneye on the Wii would be excelent, if anything I have been hoping for ages that online play would be possible, and Goldneye online, it has incredible potential.
Surely, Nintendo could give a certain percentage say 50% + to Rareware for every copy of Goldeneye purchased over the Virtual console?

Sounds to good to be true I guess.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
The Extremist

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm pretty sure that Rareware has little say in this. It's up to the Bond license holder to decide.

ptb
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yo DJ, EA BOUGHT the GOLDENEYE GAME ITSELF (all its rights, ect.) from rare, so they wouldn't get crap. EA would make the profit, but since Activision owns the license now, EA may still own goldeneye, but its about worthless. I don't think, though I might be wrong, that they could sell goldeneye.

Sit down, shut up, and toak!

I'm in the hauhhhhhhh!!!!!!!

D.J Cat
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

But Rare should be getting the profit becaus ethey MADE the game, but I guess that might be how buisness works... Sad

Maybe, Rare, Activision, Nintendo and even to some extent Micro$oft and Ea can share the profit.
But thats not going to happen.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
ptb
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Doesnt matter, EA owns the RIGHTS to the game so they own it. I don't know if Activision bought Goldeneye, but I doubt it. This game has been doomed by history sadly. It is the Bond game that all others are compaired to, and sadly it will never be reborn. This game was one like no other, and it will never be like another. Even PD couldn't sweep up its true greatness, but it is as close as a game probly will ever get. 9 Years and still kicking, but can it really last 20+ years? I myself think that it may, only a few have lasted that long, Super Mario being one of the few. I myself havn't heard of a single "new generation" (like a 10 year old, not the systems) ever mention how great Goldeneye is.

zerojett
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

well im 15 and i say it rocks. i know a 10 yr old that plays it... we play it often. enough of this topic. we just have to wait and see.

150th post! YAY! PARTY!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
kcghost
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Pfft, older games will always be appreciated by both the generation that enjoyed them first and any generation old enough to appreciate the gameplay value of older games (NOT 10. Round 15) I can think of a certain game made in 1981 (I think) that I had played at one point for hours. Thats eight years before I was born. (Uh oh, someones gonna calculate my age) Smile Then again, I have played Intellivision and Commodore 64 games, so I may just be a game geek. Very Happy

150? Nice. Im working towards 350. Smile

It seems like GE will not be on the Wii, but who really knows for sure. The rights are being tossed around like a live grenade, you can never predict the outcome of this. I know Nintendo wants Goldeneye on the Virtual Console, The voted second best game ever for that system has to mean something. Well, who knows. Doesn't matter too much to me, as long as somebody hacks it and it doesn't require an expensive mod chip. Smile

zerojett
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

ha ha, you r 17. well, i guess my age group will look back on last gen games. that said, enough of this topic.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
ptb
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

He could be 16, but I remember playing Ultamite Doom when I was 5 years old lol (Game ratings... what a joke! Laughing ). Anyways, I baught the collecters edition of that for 10 bucks and got ultamite, doom 2, and "final doom", which wasn't very final. Good games, but ask 10 year olds you ever played Doom, mayby 1 SINGLE SOUL will say yea... Doom 3.

kcghost
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I was first introduced to Doom with Doom 64. Later On, I became a Doom nut, I have played every Doom (even the master maps), modified Doom, split up and made WADS. I even at one point took the Doom 64 sprites and put them in the Classic Doom Wads. I did this through an awesome project called "Doom: Absolution" and it is a re-creation of Doom64 using a little more complicated WADS and a slightly modified JDoom engine, which rendered the game just as good or beetter than on console (No need for emulator, yay!) Im getting way off topic, but here is the link anyway: http://www.doom2.net/~doomdepot/abs-download.html Smile Game Ratings? What are those? Smile Doom 3 sucks compared to the classic Dooms. I know everything there is to know about Doom. I should probrobly stop talking about Doom in a thread about the Wii and Goldeneye. Why did I even post? We shall never know. Very Happy

zerojett
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

umm... yeah. regardless, wait for the Wii (stupid name). if GE aint on it, send letters... lots of letters. or download games from a possible Hacker server.

game ratings, what a joke.

GE MASTER
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Okay, back on the topic of GE on Wii, I'm thinking this now.

Obviously Nintendo has certain rights to the game GoldenEye or you know that EA would have re-released the weapons and levels found in that game. It's just so messy a situation. Activision could say to Nintendo, give us certain rights to the original game, and we will allow the game to come out as a bond download. Ultimately I think the bond licence holders are being the dicks on this. If Nintendo officially announces it won't be released, then we deserve to know who stopped it from happening. I'm sort of talking myself into a corner here... Um, it's messy and there are 3 parties that need to agree on something. Did I mention a petition? Bah, gamers won't rally to make something happen just because it's perhaps the best selling game of all time.

zerojett
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2006 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

dont doubt the gamers.

i still think it will be downloadable. the bond licence is crap anyways. how crazy would it be if nintendo bought the licence? wont happen... just was curious

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Game-On! All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: