ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

disabling things from multiplayer maps:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Carrington's Hacker Central
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fantsu

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 11:46 am    Post subject: disabling things from multiplayer maps: Reply with quote Back to top

is there a code to disable "pointless things" from multiplayer maps, like crates and doors? i hate the fortress map, 'cause the big lag in the center room, maybe the map would work nicely without those crates and many doors... i tried to disable only those, but by accident "removed" (read "make invisible") all things, like lifts and guns... don't sure want that Smile

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Some of the crates in some levels are walls, but many could probably be disabled. Have you looked at the PD Setup Editor? I know it's not fully functional, but it should at the least let you find out what objects use what, and then place those objects in no mans land. Of course, this is ROM only. You'd have to do this on a per level basis.

I guess you could also do a tricky ASM hack that looks for certain objects and disables them, but it's a lot of trouble.

fantsu

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

damn, i cant get the PD setup editor work... i hope there is a other way to increase my emulated N64 Sad it so old and slow Smile

lainlives
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

fantsu wrote:
damn, i cant get the PD setup editor work... i hope there is a other way to increase my emulated N64 Sad it so old and slow Smile

If you are using project 64 there is a real good display plugin called Rice's Video Plugin and it took my framerate from (no intention to brag) 200-300 to about 250-375 fps it might beable to help your framerate too. But this plugin don't always work right in mupen

fantsu

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

i am using the Jabo's direct 3D8 1.7.0.52...

lainlives
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

fantsu wrote:
i am using the Jabo's direct 3D8 1.7.0.52...

thats a good plugin but it is hell on your machine (dunno why) but it is much prettier

InsomniaDMX
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

A quick fix for that problem would be to change the pointer for Fortresses' mp setup, all you need to do this can be found in Krijy's faq.

When a level loads, it looks through all the files that are assigned to that level, we'd be swapping the one that has all the doors and boxes and such inside with one that just has the essentials. (ie: ammo and all that.)

Try this.

81080830 0212

If something goes wrong, try substituting that value with any other setup or mpsetup pointer. They're all in his faq near the beginning.

Edit: as SubDrag mentioned, it may not kill some of the boxes, but those that are built into the level should cause much of a problem anyway. I'd wager that all the doors are slowing you down, and this should get rid of them.

Edit again: I hope it doesn't rearrange all your ammo boxes. I have no clue whether it will or not.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

(it will rearrange them)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Carrington's Hacker Central All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: