ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

some editor questions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
moonraker808
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 2:25 pm    Post subject: some editor questions Reply with quote Back to top

Ok, I started working on a new level with dam however there are some things I am confused about.

1. I would like to erase part of dam. The only parts I want in it is the locked gate to the other end. I am not sure if I can easily erase the parts I do not want.

2. I would like to get two sets of guards to target, shoot and kill each other as part of the level.

3. Does it matter what lock I use when locking doors? I just used the first one for all of them.

lainlives
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

1. Zoinkitty will know that one. I don't really know.
2. Read Subdrag's Tutorial on Action Blocks (he'll post with a link before too long)
3. I don't think it really does.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

1) This is pretty tough as of now. If it's a place you can stand on, then this is difficult. It'd involve reexporting all the rooms, deleting clipping, etc, pretty tough. If it's a place you can't go, it might be just a matter of deleting portals and reexporting the bg file...all a little tricky right now.

2) Yep, grab it in the tutorials from the GoldeneyeVault. It's under tutorials and the advanced action blocks section. If you start and have problems, definitely post and I'll help!

3) It doesn't matter...but you need to match it up with keys.

If you use spot 1, then just know that any key for spot 1 will be able to unlock all of those doors. So you have 8 possible door locks (or multiple for same key).

Keep shooting off questions!

moonraker808
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

thanks subdrag, that is really covered? I'll check it out. It would be nice if you could erase rooms just like you can move them around in the editor; but that sounds like an impossible task.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The advanced action blocks tutorial covers a lot of ground and cool stuff. Right now, deleting rooms is pretty hard.

moonraker808
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

ok, I want it to be a free for all though. AFter a quick glance I don't see how that would work. I have about 15 people that are going to be fighting. may lag the game a bit.

zoinkity

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Your best bet is to lock the gates, then unset the flag that lets you see through the door. It will be black, but you won't see - or load - any of that part of the stage. Worst case, lock the door and delete the portal. Just obsuring the field works though.

Rooms only load when needed. If you can't see it, it probably isn't loaded. When a door is shut and the little 'can see room past door' flag is *not* set (whatever it is called nowadays) then the stuff past the door is not loaded.

The actual rule is line of sight through portals, then rooms directly connected to all visible rooms.

You could set up guards that just sort of run about on psuedo-random paths and fire at whatever is close to them. You use the 'closest guard ID set to FC' action, then attack them by using the FC ID. It isn't too rough, really. You just have to selectively check if the player is around.
Shouldn't be overkill. You'd be surprised how much stuff can be processed at once.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

That's a great idea, a free for all would be pretty cool.

moonraker808
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ok thanks zoin kitty i'll do that.

Subdrag, you should make a video of a guard free for all that would be awsome. I'll attempt to make one, but I only know where to start.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: