ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Free For All Leve! (Guards shoot at each other)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 6:02 pm    Post subject: Free For All Leve! (Guards shoot at each other) Reply with quote Back to top

This is much simpler than you would think. Action blocks included for those who were interested to help you. Basically was just Zoinkity's idea, set closest guard, and fire at him. Play around with the distance of the guard detect, etc, for more fun, and their health.

http://www.goldeneyevault.com/viewfile.php?id=43

lainlives
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hhhmmmm...

Entertaining...

bmw
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

That could be used for some interesting cut-scenes.

moonraker808
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

SWEET!

moonraker808
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

wait, how could I make it so that certain gaurds don't attack each other, or certain gaurds don't attack me?

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You'd need to check out the one action block I made for that (0401), duplicate it to another, and modify it. Getting guards to not hit certain ones will be a little trickier. But not getting them to shoot at you is simply removing the 05FD0002 from what I had there and instead jumping back to the beginning 0100 I think it was.

zoinkity

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

There was something that toggled *friend*. I don't want to say what exactly without checking the docs, but a simple look at Natalya's bitflags and actions should reveal it. Well, it would allow you to align some to you, but the other trick is trickier.

For getting them to ignore certain guards is easy enough. Test the guard ID. The trouble is they are still the closest one, so you can't grab FC anymore. You could try FB - I think that was nearest one shot - but your best bet is to make them run somewhere instead.

moonraker808
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Couldn't you set it so that certain gaurds think other guards are invisible? I am sure you can do it, because with the bond invisible code they do not think you are there; but I am not a skilled hacker at this point so I wouldn't know.

I need all the help I can get.

zoinkity

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Inivisible is invisible. It tests for the invisibility flag, then overlooks the actor. Autogun routines are different, only testing if a player is within range, not testing if any of their attributes are present. You can't do it without completely disabling invisibility, and since that would require an ASM hack anyway you'd be better off working out something else.

Technically you can shoot at invisible guards with certain action commands, and others let you kill them with the gunfire. It is really rather odd how many similar, yet divergent commands there are.

moonraker808
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

ah ok, I guess that bit flag couldn't be used on certain characters for other characters?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: