ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

The worst part(s) of Perfect Dark

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Perfect Dark
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GE MASTER
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 2:04 pm    Post subject: The worst part(s) of Perfect Dark Reply with quote Back to top

Okay, this is a free for all. Not so much a bash session, but get it off your chest.

Okay, the voice overs are simply terrible. Elvis is the most retarded voice ever in video games. Rare should not have goofed around on this honestly. The other voice, or clip I dislike but love is, "Why Me?" when you kill a guard. Pretty cheesy and funny.

So for me, the most ridiculous thing is simply the voice work.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The level design was really, really, really bad.

moonraker808
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

solo was a let down, and the structure was lacking.

Erevan
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The worst part is when you shoot to your enemies, the game tends to be slow. Also, there is the bug in challenge 7.

fantsu

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

i love everything else, but those skedars and maian and laser thingys, EVERYTHING THAT ISN'T NORMAL, i miss also the NORMAL WEAPONS, i hate those stupid "unrealistic" guns...

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I also dislike the Skedar - they're no fun to kill, and they're really annoying.

Erevan
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I dislike the psychosis gun when you shoot to your ennemies and they still evil like skedars.

Fear the Darkness
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

the Skedars are awesome looking. the aliens were something new. I thought Elvis was cool too. "I kick yo ass!" lol

but anyways, the only problem I had is the framerate was choppy sometimes.

Maxout

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Simple, unsophisticated, and maybe a little unimaginative, but this game follows Earth history events, so what do you expect. It's good for what it is, but if I want something out of this world, I'll play a game more geared towards that.

A little cheesy overall, in the end that brink that kills the Skedar King in the battle shrine shouldn't make a noise at all. Plus I think some insects have been known go without heads like cockroaches.

http://www.youtube.com/Greatermaxim

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The very notion that an advanced alien race capable of interstellar travel would seek help from a human corporation to develop a sentient AI is laughable. Not only that, they have to steal a deep sea submersible because apparently they lack the technology to build one themselves. Carrington being the only person on Earth that could detect the Maian ship in orbit is pretty bad too. I know these are less gameplay related than the other things mentioned in the topic but they bother me none-the-less.

In terms of actual gameplay problems, it seems to me they decided which Falcon 2 to give you at random. Several missions would have played a lot better with a silenced weapon and you could really use a scope in others. I wish they made the secondary function of the Falcon 2 add a silencer and scope but reduce the firing rate, that would've worked a lot better than three nearly identical guns.

PerfectSim
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The worst part of perfect dark to me is in multi.I always hated when someone punches you and you get dizzy.This was always one of main factors in getting my friends to like PD more then GE.Although now i use a gameshark code that i got here(thanks)to disable it,it would have been nice to have it back when it was released.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Perfect Dark All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: