ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Aside from GE/PD, you care about N64 backward compatability?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
GE MASTER
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 7:56 pm    Post subject: Aside from GE/PD, you care about N64 backward compatability? Reply with quote Back to top

I have to be honest with this...I can't see myself being interested in anything else. I might have to think harder on this. All the good games or Mario games are updated for every new system. That eliminates a lot of games. I think Nintendo is failing in the fact that people have emulators that play every game they ever released on all the systems. It's a novelty that people wouldn't really be interested in paying for. Excitebike kicked ass, that might be worthwhile since they didn't make it again for some stupid reason.

kcghost
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I care about backward compability. Look at the Gameboy Advance, half the games I played on i were for my old Gamboy Pocket. Sure, every console realeases new games, but they are different games. Example, Super Mario 64 kicked ass. Gamecube Mario? What The *** Mother *** IS that piece a ***
kiddie-*** game!?? Notice my instant mood change: Smile .

People want to play older games because of Gameplay, people want to play newer games because of graphics, its the way things run now. Having both is a major selling point for consoles. You get anyone who ahs alot of nostalgia as well as anyone wanting to play newer games. It attracts me quite alot, sure I can run an emulator, but with the major complications, mass-scale for the Rev will be much better. I can think of it now, Double Dragon for SNES co-op over the internet. Or kick somebody's ass in Mario Kart 64 with Toad.

GE MASTER
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I will agree with you that if they can incorporate online play, it would change my opinion. I'm sure a lot of people out there want to prove once and for all they are the best on the planet!

zerojett
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

plus, emulators often lag or crash for no reason

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Most of the games I that I like on the older Nintendo consoles were made by Rare. If you look at my N64 collection, you'll find that they dominate it. I'm hoping that the company doesn't deny all of their stuff from being playable on the Revolution. Titles like Donkey Kong Country are classics owned by the big N, which means that Rare should have little say as to whether or not it'd be available. I'd definitely get the two sequels from the series, since I've never completed Diddy Kong's Quest perfectly, nor did I play much of the third and final entry into the trilogy. The original two Zelda games interest me, so I'd like to try them out. Once I see what they have to offer, I'll be ready to play.

The Extremist

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I've never played the original Starfox, and there's some Genesis games that I'd like to try out.

(For those who didn't know, it will play some Genesis games.)

Gold_N_Eye
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

If they add some sort of online component with old n64 games like aka. Goldeneye, I will go nuts. Therefore, the only game I am looking forward in terms of old games is Goldeneye.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Game-On! All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: