ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Recording with Hypercam or Fraps? (Project 64 1.6)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye 007
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Which Do You Think Is Better for Recording on your system?
Hypercam 2 With Any Good Codec
100%
 100%  [ 3 ]
Fraps
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 3

Dangerousd777
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 11:27 am    Post subject: Recording with Hypercam or Fraps? (Project 64 1.6) Reply with quote Back to top

On Low Resolutions with Project 64 Maybe even with Anti alising and Anisotropic filtering at 6X and 16X You can Capture it in real time without very much lag and good video quality. Fraps Is Good for Low Resolutions, But For me it can't do the higher res without causing a lot of lag, The Files it creates are un compressed and huge. Hypercam 2 Works as well or better than fraps And With Divx It Creates Files Over 10 Times Smaller And Still Great Quality (Depending on your quality setting), On my system anyways, I only have a Intel Pentium 4 3.20Ghz /w HT and an ATI Radeon 9800 Pro 128MB, My System isn't so new but can still play goldeneye very efficently. The Codec I Use for Hypercam is Divx Codec 6.6 (2 Logical Processors). I Set It to 15 FPS Which Captures Most Of the Motion in Real Time, Record Sound at 44, 100 Hz And Divx Is Configured to 1080 HD Mode for High Res Capture, (Works Good with 800X600 With Extra Nice AA And AF Max Or 1024X768 Without Extra Nice) I set Rate Control to 1 Pass Quality Setting: 1 For best quality before I Re encode to save some space. On The Codec Tab Where Codec Preformance Is I Select Fastest, Less Compression But A Lot More Speed, Keeps the Lag down to minimum. You Can Also Custom Resize But I don't. Fraps On The Other Hand Allows Many Frames Per Second But at higher resolutions like 640X480 Will Lag Even without Extra Nice. But Fraps Can Record Stuff Full screen without too many problems, Hypercam can also but it has to be a lower res. Any Suggestions Or User Experiences? Post a comment and I'll be there to answer. Any questions?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Dangerousd777
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 12:10 pm    Post subject: On Mupen... Reply with quote Back to top

On Mupen 64k 0.79 You can record your matches with sound, And use Something else to Capture it and Put it up on Youtube. Goldeneye is getting better and easier to play online very quickly. Thanks Okay Go For Mupen!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
moonraker808
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

3.20 ghz!?

Dangerousd777
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 12:16 pm    Post subject: Well... Reply with quote Back to top

Project 64 minimum requires a 800 Mhz, But that would be slow, It requires at least a 1.6Ghz to run smooth, and I have twice that. Also I Use Jabo Direct 3D 8 and Anzimers WIP 2 And N-rages. It runs really fast, Not very much lag, but sometimes freezes on some levels. If it's full screen and freezes, then Im screwed, I have to restart. But Online Play is still very smooth, And I need to test it at 1600X1200 Full screen and windowed. AA 6X And AF 16X Run smoothly even at 1600X1200, But the Barrel Sequence Lags a bit. Since it has Emulate/ Simulate AI On Anzimers WIP 2 If you turn FPS Limit off then It Goes Faster, 80-120 FPS Depending on the Extra Nice Options.

lainlives
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

moonraker808 wrote:
3.20 ghz!?

3.2 is nothing

ontopic:
I usually use hypercam for everything that needs recording

Dangerousd777
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 3:13 pm    Post subject: Your right Reply with quote Back to top

It's not that great or even modern, But it works, Dual Cores And Quad Cores Are Faster, And would help with hypercam, Maybe Emulation. Intel has Models That are a lot faster than my CPU, But Unfortunetely I don't have enough money yet to upgrade... Sad Aww well, At least I can play goldeneye okay and Online. Im Planning on Recording my Mupen Recorded 4 Player Matches to Put On Youtube.

punk7890
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I have to say hypercam is a piece of crap, it's very crapy... Fraps is the way to go only... i won't work for you? And compress you're movies with Windows Movie Maker does a great job. Personally i use Fraps for the best Quality.

Dangerousd777
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 2:08 pm    Post subject: Sure but vote on what you want if thats your opinion Reply with quote Back to top

Ok, But I like Hypercam (sorry I didn't notice the typo that said fraps instead), And it works best for me, remember certain things work better or worse with different computers. Fraps Still creates really large files, I can Convert a divx to wmv with high quality so the divx doesn't lose it's picture quality and then back to divx. Which this is a process that works to keep the video higher quality yet better compressed and encoded then live capture. But this process takes a while.

Maxout

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

neeto..

http://www.youtube.com/Greatermaxim

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye 007 All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: