ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

[The Complex Project] Solo Mission in Multiplayer Level
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Timothy1979
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 11:18 am    Post subject: [The Complex Project] Solo Mission in Multiplayer Level Reply with quote Back to top

This Editor is MARVELOUS !!!! I've just wrote a Solo Level (on paper) with Objectives etc, and even if I don't understand how everything works, I'll start by filling the Level with all the necessary Objects... Cool Just a question : If I fill the Level with too much stuff, will it lag on PC ? Or is it the same ? Other question : Does it matter if the objects that I put are 00 or 27 Objects ?

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

00 objects can only be resize in their original dimensions, you can make them larger or smaller but you can't stretch them. 27 objects allow you to stretch them, for example you can make a computer paper thin but it'll still have the same height and width as normal.

For the most part you can get away with just using 00 objects, they take less space in the setup file and most of the object models look best when you keep their original dimensions. Some things require 27 objects to look right though, door models for instance are huge and need to be resized differently to fit each place you put them in.

You level's looking pretty good so far. Very Happy

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wow very cool! If you put in too many variety of objects, you will have texture glitches and you'll need to turn it on. Your level looks great there!!!

Make sure you test that in-game.

Timothy1979
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks !!! I've tried to see what it looks like in-game, but I've got a problem with the Rom (byte flipe etc) so I can't test it. I'll fix that later... Could you take some in-game screenshots to see if there are no glitches ? Here is the Complex bin file below. I've only modified the V-Bridge Room a little, but it's still a work in progress. Wink

http://oxynelle.free.fr/complex/Ump_setuprefZ.bin

fantsu

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

NICE timothy, NICE!
plz, do that map to the end, even now it looks like a dream, good looking map indeed
Very Happy

lainlives
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Subdrags Setup editor has byte flipping options on it you should check them out, they helped me too.

Timothy1979
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'll strictly concentrate on the map for now. When the map is 100% finished, anyone who's interested is welcome for helping making the Solo Mission "Complete" (objectives, guards paths etc) because I'im not good (at all) at that... I won't post new images to keep the surprise. This Editor is so fantastic, thanks again Subdrag, Zoinkity, Wreck, Ice Mario and the rest !!! Finally, sorry for my english, I'm french ! Seeya when the Map is complete !

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Great map! Works in-game! Here's what you do, I helped you out, but next time you can follow the solo levels in multiplayer, but sort of just do it for solo mode.

http://www.battlefieldforever.com/hackers/ge/goldeneyecomplexasfacilityusetuparkzips.ips

This patch (go to Tools -> Apply IPS Patch), choose an unflipped ROM (check it in Tools -> Trim/Flip ROM, and check it, and if need be, flip your ROM to unflipped), then choose the ips file here, then choose output ROM.

NOW, to play your level, choose Facility. To add a later version of your level,, Tools -> Convert ROM, and modify the file UsetuparkZ.bin.

lainlives
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

WOW
it amost looks like a new level (in the screenshots i havent tested it yet)
this is good when i get time i will take a real good look at this

estimated how far are you on the level design

Timothy1979
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
estimated how far are you on the level design

Far from finished... I want to do a clean level, as good as the Rareware levels. That means creating a level where you could "live", not only putting things to activate, things to get, buttons to push etc. The Library Level BMW did is really great, but I humbly want to do something better. The Complex's rooms offer a lot to possibilities, I want to use all of them. It takes a lot of time, but it will be worth it.

Smile

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I am very much looking forward to it! Just make sure every so often you keep backups of the setup file.

Timothy1979
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

A question for Subdrag : If i place a door, will it automaticaly open ? I'm using a lot of mesh doors as "walls" (like on the first picture, just behind the computer). I hope every door has to configured, or they will be some *problems* Confused

zoinkity

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Set the two flags so that the door can't be activated or used by AI. Then you shouldn't have any problems.

Timothy1979
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks ! I've set these two for the things I don't want to move :

- cannot activate door
- character ai cannot operate

Timothy1979
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The Project is going very well. Thanks to Subdrag for helping me with the Patches...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: