ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Shameless Plug - Select Same Characters

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zoinkity

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 6:25 am    Post subject: Shameless Plug - Select Same Characters Reply with quote Back to top

http://www.goldeneyevault.com/viewfile.php?id=68

This is a nice little patch that allows anyone to select the same character in multiplayer. Since you're all weird about playing Oddjob, that should get around it.

I'm still putting together a code version. It requires tapping the co-op handle, so I'll release it when it no longer breaks that hack.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

That's actually a really cool hack. Being able to choose the same character takes away from the need for making duplicates, as well as doing the trick where you use the last player to select a character, reduce the player amount by one, have the new last player choose the same person, repeat. Even that way, you could never all be the same. But this, this is very neat. Excellent job.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

Jac6
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Theres no code for that?

ColdshadowX
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

because it's a patch! you use the set-up editor to apply the patch on to your rom!

zoinkity

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I haven't converted it to codes yet. It requires a special subroutine used by the co-op, scenario, and a few other patches. I'm rewritting that routine so it is more generic and you can have some or all of them active at once. However, that takes a bit of time, which is a little tricky since i'm in the process of moving (again...). So, code version is forthcoming.

The codes would be long, just to warn. You should expect 20-30 for the handle, and maybe 8 for the code. All that to write one stinking byte...

The trick is that it overwrites code that could be at any address. The trick is that the jump occurs at the return from the PI interrupt and reads what block of data was just called from ROM. If the block matches, this thing writes a given amount of data to an offset in that block. Sneaky, eh?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: