ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

[Work in Progress] Multiplayer Pak - Surface added 10/02/07
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

gri Check out the FAQ for your question. Your ROM needs to be byteflipped:
http://www.goldeneyevault.com/faq.php

GE MASTER
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I've found the same problem. The rom won't load. There are no settings in Mupen that relate to the instructions about the ips patch. Suggestions?

lainlives
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

UGH i will try later today and post my results, i got a family reunion to goto now

bmw
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hey I just went through and tested everything. The patch, as uploaded, patched just fine using the setup editor. I then tested it in Mupen and it ran fine for me.

Where exactly are you running into problmes? Are you getting any messages when you used the setup editor to patch?

gri007
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

naw i used the isp patch on a new rom that i got. and it patched fine..... when u used it bmw did u name it a certian way and does it apeare as a unknow dump when u put it in your rom folder for mupen?

bmw
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, its an unknown dump, but it appears to play just fine (using jabo's video plugin, of course - the default video plugin causes nasty flickering)

gri007
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

hmm did u name it .rom,.z64,or .v64?

bmw
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

File extension of .rom on the patched rom

I used a .v64 rom as the original rom to get patched.

gri007
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

hmm mine is a z64...... do u have a msn or something?

bmw
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Your original rom is a .z64 or your patched rom is a .z64?

If its your patched rom, you can just manually change the file extension with F2. But first you need to make sure you can see file extensions (double click my computer, go to tools - folder options - view tab - UNcheck the HIDE FILE EXTENSIONS FOR KNOWN TYPES)

Also make sure you have a 12mb original rom and not 16mb

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

gri add me to msn, subdragger @ hotmail, I'll walk you through it

gri007
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

hey sub i tried to add u but its saying the your a unknown person?

bmw
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 8:46 am    Post subject: re: rom patches Reply with quote Back to top

Sounds like a lot of people are having problems with my patch. I suspect that there are different versions of the original rom out there and if your version is not a PERFECT MATCH to the one which I used to create the patch, then it won't work.

I'm in the process of figuring this out - I may end up having to release more than one version of the patch. We'll see.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

When I get back home tonight, I'll see if I can get the patch working. It's very possible that there are some bad GoldenEye ROM's circulating the Internet. As BMW said, if it isn't the exact same as the original non-byteflipped version of the game, than it won't patch correctly, if at all. I had no problems with an earlier installment of your multiplayer map pak, but it is possible that something happened along the way that is causing an issue. Either way, I look forward to testing these maps out, as well as your future updates.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

There's nothing wrong with the ROMs out there, besides some overdumps. People forget they need to *extract* the ROM from the zip file. I can confirm the patch works on an unflipped ROM. Everything should be ok.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: