ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

possible fix for surface (level) bullet glitches in MP
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zoinkity

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

That scene was probably originally intended for Runway. Compare it to the mountainscape where the plane takes off in the movie.

They might have been planning a cutscene including it as a backdrop, but decided against using this particular method of making the mountains. The images were probably to be tiled and shifted, similar to KI coin-op backgrounds.

bmw
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

After MUCH tweaking and testing, and I mean I did an awful lot of weaking, between boundary placement, visibility settings, scale settings, sky settings, portal removal, and numerous clipping modifications, I'm pretty close to having a bare level finished. I ended up using the Darker wall w/prints for a boundary - it immitates a mountain-like feel quite well.

I hope to have a finished product up in a few days. I think you will all like it. It'll be the first time ever that surface has been playable w/cabin windows working properly.

In the end though there were still some minor issues that just cannot be worked out. I have visibility cranked to the max and you still can't quite see the distant cabin while standing on top of the satellite building. Also, turns out that modifying clipping room-ID's leads to other visibility problems. Basically, objects contained within the outer room that has the changed room-IDs vanish (visibly) when you're standing in certain areas. This initially was a huge problem for the boundary walls in that room, but I found a fix for that - I simply properly ID-ed a few tiles outside the boundaries and assigned the walls to those - that fixed visibility issues with the boundaries. The only problem left is that players will sometimes vanish from sight, but this only affects a very small area, only in a few spots within that area, and only when both players are in that room. This is a very very limited situation not serious enough for me to worry about.

Other issue is that the original trees become somewhat visible through the boundary walls from a long distance away, so I moved the boundaries far enough away from the trees that this isn't a problem, with only 1 or 2 exceptions.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: