ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Anybody know the sky block in 21990?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 6:29 pm    Post subject: Anybody know the sky block in 21990? Reply with quote Back to top

First float is near fog, second is far fog, but I can't figure out how to change the density or what the rest of them do.

Last edited by SubDrag on Fri Oct 05, 2007 4:18 am; edited 1 time in total

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Heh, I suppose we can wait for a Zoinkity response. Laughing

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

zoinkity

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well, I emailed you lot but for everyone else:

[img]http://www.geocities.com/nefariousdogooder/images/SKYMOD.BMP[/img]

----------------------------------------
Multiplayer sky format:

common format: 0x5c per entry
0x0 4 stage ID number (or multiple thereof)
(these values are more dedicated to obscuring stage/object elements)
0x4 4 (float) odd blend multiplier. pervasiveness of fog on rendered surfaces (ie. ground) closer than near fog value. Also affects the z index for the viewport to some degree but not on PAL.
0x8 4 (float) far fog value; beyond this is complete obscurity
0xC 4 (float) near fog value; distance from player to start of fog gradient
0x10 4 (float) max obj vis. range; furthest dist standard (non-door) obj and actors are visible at
0x14 4 (float) obj obfuscation range; objs start to 'fade' at this distance
0x18 4 (float) default 0 min obj vis range; nearest stand. objs are visible at. Always set to zero!
(note: these values are more dedicated to actual ambient fog lighting effect)
0x1C 4 long default 999 All Objects: difference between near and far ambient light. Intensity, in other words
0x20 4 long default 996 BG: dif. in light. smaller # = foggier near player
0x24 4 long default 1000 far ambient light value value. used with above two values
I think this is when fog occurs, and above two are subtracted to create the near fog boundry.
0x28 1 red component 0-FF
0x29 1 green component 0-FF
0x2A 1 blue component 0-FF
0x2B 1 clouds 1-on/0-off
0x2C 4 (float) default 5000; cloud image repeat value. larger = more repetitions (pushed to DL)
0x30 2 default 0000; offset from loaded sky image (8B6) to image entry used for sky.
0x32 2 reserved (0)
0x34 4 (float) cloud Red channel (alpha->red)
0x38 4 (float) cloud Green channel
0x3C 4 (float) cloud Blue channel
0x40 1 unsigned byte Nonzero='water'; also pulls the object ambient light value...
0x41 3 reserved (0)
0x44 4 (float) default -1000; water image repeat value. larger = more repetition (pushed to DL)
0x48 2 default 0001 or 0002; offset to loaded water image entry.
0x4A 2 reserved
0x4C 4 (float) water Red channel; these three values affect water highlight near the player only
0x50 4 (float) water Green channel
0x54 4 (float) water Blue channel
0x58 4 (float) world concavity distort! positive makes world concave, negative world convex. distorts perspective

Simplified fog format:
Note: stages 1A, 36, default omit fog data (0x4-0x24 from above):
0x0 stage ID
0x4 fog
etc...

The image offset values from above walk through the various images loaded in memory. In other words, you can use the facemapper to see what each entry would be ;*) 0001 uses the one after the sky image, FFFF the previous one.
For fun, I've attached a nice little sky image hack. I think it was entry 0006 or 0008 or something like that. Just be sure not to set offset values that would exceed the 'standard' set of loaded images for a stage (ie: call a value in MP for an image after a series of player-specific images)

'Channels', for lack of a better word, are converted to the RGB DL overlay type, the same way you can define the 'black' and 'white' colors of a greyscale image. It maps from alpha to color, and all three combine to make the final color. This is why Citadel's clouds are orange, in other words.

The neatest thing is the perspective distort. If you set that value high enough you'll be standing in a bowl, or if you set it low enough it will seem like you're walking on a planetoid. Cool feature.

The fog aspect stuff from the top was old and from notes. It seems accurate enough, but confused. I can test that out a little more and get you nice, right, spiffy explainations.

Defaults are noted where the values do not typically change.

-Zoinkity

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: