ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

PD text modding, but what about voices?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Carrington's Hacker Central
View previous topic :: View next topic  
00Dark

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 12:39 pm    Post subject: PD text modding, but what about voices? Reply with quote Back to top

we can already edit GoldenEye text lines so that characters say different things, and we could also do that in Perfect Dark with the PD editor. but since Perfect Dark has character voices involved wouldn't that be impossible? we all know that Perfect Dark has audio code in its memory, but is it even changeable? i did have a far-fetched idea that somehow Perfect Dark's voices are directly related to its text. what i mean is when you edit a character's text, it will also edit the voice that goes along with it and match each tone of his voice perfectly with each word so that he doesn't sound like a wacko. actually, i am probably a wacko for even thinking this is possible!Razz

...so is it??

zoinkity

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well...

All the voice except the anouncements in the lab area of Area 51 are (in the very strictest sense) MP3 compressed audio. The anouncements use the sound effect formatting instead, which is somewhat similar to the module formatting used by trackers.

Anyway, virtually all voice is compressed and (probably) encoded the same as MP3 files. The trouble is that they don't use standard mp3 structures, so you'd have to have some rather specialized knowledge of how the compression works. Aegh. It is a serious headache, to say the least.

What you're saying isn't impossible by any stretch. It just isn't possible at the moment ;*)

00Dark

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

yeah, but when they make voices for any videogame, don't they have to have people record it in a studio, or are they just artifcial voices?

cactus
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

They did record it, they are not artificial. (I love Elvis's voice!)

00Dark

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Elvis speaks like a grade 1 retard

Kode-Z
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

In 2002, me and my mate managed to change the gun sounds to various quotes from the game including things like Grimshaw's "Welcome to Hacker Central!" and Carrington's "Joanna - Where did you spring from?!" I believe I have the AR codes lting about somewhere - will post if I find it.

InsomniaDMX
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

0x8006D292 - Shot Sound

This is for the shotgun's primary function's shot sound, just for an example... SquareGuru has a list of these, as well as I.

How about we share notes, you seem to have found quite a few things.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Carrington's Hacker Central All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: