ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

The Terriorst In Facility Glitch(1999)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye 007
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ColdshadowX
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 3:25 pm    Post subject: The Terriorst In Facility Glitch(1999) Reply with quote Back to top

In 1999(or 1998) a glitch in the game of Goldeneye 007 was discovered. It was known as the Trevelyan/Terriorst Switch. This glitch was very rare; it was seen once in 1999 by a few gamers, it vanished forever..until November 8,2007. I was playing Goldeneye on console to brush up on the console again, I had no cheats,no gameshark, no nothing. Just me and the game(and the system/cords). I played facility Secret Agent. I got to the end and the screen kinda changed hues to blue then green then back to the regular view, then when I finally made my way down the stairs I noticed old Trevelyan wasn't there, but In his place was the Terriorst.

So Another Day This Ol' Glitch was found!

January 15,1999(February 15,1998)

November 8,2007 - 5:30pm(est) - ColdShadowX

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I don't see how that's possible though! Barring the oddest specific non-game crashing glitch. It's not in the setup file at all.

ColdshadowX
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

As I said before "It was a rare glitch"..this only happened too me once, and it happened to my Dad when he was playing back in 1999.(yeah he was an N64 guy.)

I try my hardest to make it happen agian..idk what I did thought. This may take time!

bmw
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Has this ever been reported by anybody else?

Or could it possibly even be a cartridge-specific glitch?

Too bad you weren't taping.

ColdshadowX
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

i know. I got one of the first carts that were shipped in from a crappy Toys R Us on the day it came out,

I am going to try my best to capture it on tape

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The craziest glitch I ever had was on emulator, once somehow every loaded guard was Trevelyan (and using Trevelyan's action blocks). They all were walking to the end of the level, and they joined in a huddled mass and ALL were Trevelyan. It was amazing, sadly I did not do a save state.
http://betagoldeneye.goldeneyehacks.com/thebest.htm
I did capture pictures though called Trev Army.

I was able to semi-recreate it by assigning all guards as Trevelyan, but it was not even close to as cool as that time.

Ryani
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Dude.. show us some proof that anyone but you have seen it.

It doesn't seem possible enough.

Show us evidence.

moonraker808
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I had the weirdest glitch ever; One time I got the gate to close on the truck in dam! It was the most messed up think, it went right through it! I took a photo, but it doesn't really show it; but I guess i'll dig it up.

Yeah subdrag that glitch is messed. The emulator is more unpredictible then the console is; but I am sure you already knew that.

ColdshadowX
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ryani wrote:
Dude.. show us some proof that anyone but you have seen it.

It doesn't seem possible enough.

Show us evidence.

Code:
Courtesy of Dynimate PSX from GEFacility.com

DynimatePSX(from Goldeneye Facility[1996 - 2003]) sent me a photo from the site after I emailed him about it

Ryani
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thats... a really old fake screen... you've.. or someone else.. has just put a large black squarer over the old text..

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Heh yeah, there isn't a chance that's a real screenshot, besides a GameShark.

ColdshadowX
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ryani wrote:
Thats... a really old fake screen... you've.. or someone else.. has just put a large black squarer over the old text..

I didn't do it..It was probally DynimatePSX. Dam..I didn't now that was fake..

I know I saw that terriorst! I know i did! He said Trevelyan's regular lines when I saw him in 2007. But in 1999 he said "Expecting Trevelyan? Well Think agian!"

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

ColdshadowX wrote:
But in 1999 he said "Expecting Trevelyan? Well Think agian!"

Impossible, that string doesn't exist in the Facility's text file. Or did the random glitch that caused him to appear also spontaneously generate a new text string?

-----------

Off topic but would it be possible (Or rather, does anyone know how to) hack the terrorist head into the lineup of random heads? It fits most of the guards pretty good, the only time it wouldn't make sense is on a civilian, scientist, or when a guard is wearing a hat.

ColdshadowX
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Dragonsbrethren wrote:
ColdshadowX wrote:
But in 1999 he said "Expecting Trevelyan? Well Think agian!"

Impossible, that string doesn't exist in the Facility's text file. Or did the random glitch that caused him to appear also spontaneously generate a new text string?

-----------

Off topic but would it be possible (Or rather, does anyone know how to) hack the terrorist head into the lineup of random heads? It fits most of the guards pretty good, the only time it wouldn't make sense is on a civilian, scientist, or when a guard is wearing a hat.

I do believe that the glitch cuased a text string. I will try to do my best to figure out what happened.

the thing is my Cart i got I have had since September 24,1997(the moment it was finally released.) so I have one of the first carts..that could probally mean something?

Ryani
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Dude.. no.

It doesn't exist in the setup file. It doesn't exist in the text setup file.

I'm pretty sure it doesn't exist at all.

My opinion here is that someone wants a little attention.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye 007 All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: