ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

PD Levels in GE
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zoinkity

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Multiplayer X has returned! W007

As mentioned before, here's an image of what's different between the two games. Let's hope everyone can see animated gifs fine ;*) It should change every few seconds.

Hopefuly those are lined up nicely. What you're looking at is the top and part of the second floor of Car Park. Because of how the stage is made you can't help but view a little of both. 'Before' is Perfect Dark, 'after' is GE after porting.

You'll notice in the before that all the walls seem to be made in triplicate. That's because PD uses vertical walls to keep players from walking off edges. Getting rid of those is th easy part though.
You'll also notice that most of the tiles in the 'before' are not triangles. Triads are the most stable type of tile in GE because they don't require as much processing. You pretty much must use them at room boundries and anything perfectly vertical. The editor, even when making quads, still actually makes triads.

In the 'after' there are dozens more triangles all over. The reason is that every face must touch another. In PD, you can just place anything wherever you want. If there's a pilar, they just draw a big, vertical pillar. In GE, this pillar is defined by all the tiles stopping right at its edges.

However, between the two you'll also notice that the 'after' always follows the basic lines from 'before'. The tiles don't just define what's there, but also the stage lighting. By basing the new clipping off of the old, you can virtually recreate the exact same stage, down to the last pixels. Sometimes when there are many more tiles involved, I'll even blend some of the colors a little more into their neighbors, just to give it a smoother feel.

Hopefully that will give you a better idea what's different between the two. The amount of work involved can be overwhelming at times, but in the end you have a completely 'new' GE stage.

MultiplayerX

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 2:08 pm    Post subject: Yeah Reply with quote Back to top

Probably be hearing alot more from me now. Wifey and I are getting divorcy thingy, -sigh- oh well, guess somethings weren't meant to be. Gotta a good looking kid out of the deal though. Guys take care, I will be posting again soon.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: