ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

[Work in Progress] - multiplayer map - statue

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bmw
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 1:39 pm    Post subject: [Work in Progress] - multiplayer map - statue Reply with quote Back to top

Alrighty, I've decided that instead of doing another Jungle map, I'm going to use a portion of another neglected level - the Statue, this will be 1 of the 3 remaining mp levels for my mp pack.

I'll use the central 1/3 of the level - it has quite a few unique features which should make for an interesting multiplayer map.

For objects, I plan to mainly populate it with plant life. There's also a cabin in it, I can add a door and some glass windows to the cabin.

Last edited by bmw on Fri Jul 25, 2008 5:48 am; edited 2 times in total

bmw
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Upon further working on this, I'm quickly realizing that rare was very sloppy with their clipping in this level. For example, they only used 2 tiles inside of the cabin, and the angle of the cabin is slightly different than that of the clipping. Further, the clipping extends partially into the back wall. If left as-is, you can walk too close to the back wall and see right through it.

This seems to be an issue in other parts of the stage as well. Luckily, these problems are fairly easily fixable with the setup editor.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Excellent. Fairly easily fixable and clipping shouldn't really go in the same sentence though. Or do they now?

bmw
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well, I'm not adding or deleting any tiles, I'm simply moving/resizing existing ones. This seems to be done with ease. Its trying to add or delete tiles from a stage that causes problems.

I've tracked down all the spots affected, there were about 5 of them. Very slight modifications to tile location/size has fixed the problems, the see-through issues seem to be gone now.

There's also a surface-like glitch with the one half-open building thats near the cabin. Part of that building actually overlaps with another room, and in the area of the overlap, bullets once again travel right through the wall. But this should be a simple fix, I'll simply place a fake wall to close in the open area (so there will be 4 walls instead of 3).

I also think a slight increase in the level size (scale) might be in order.

bmw
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Update:

Pretty close to having the clipping, bg, and objects finished. All that is left is weapon/respawn placement.

Here are some screenshots from the editor. I had hoped framerates would be better, but on a fast PC it plays just fine because the in-game framerates (actual) don't seem to be capped off nearly as low as in other stages.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Not bad. I'm still impressed how top view pictures look of levels in the editor. The addition of plants really changesstatue, very different feel.

bmw
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

SubDrag wrote:
The addition of plants really changes statue, very different feel.

Is that a good thing or a bad thing? Do you think they blend in well? There were a few plants I stayed away from (mainly the brighter green ones) because they didn't seem to fit - but the duller colors go quite well.

I was aiming for a different feel just because the original statue was already playable in mp mode.

I more and more like the overall layout of the stage - there are tons and tons of hiding places as well as a few ramps you can go to the top of and look at just about any area in the stage.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I like the plants.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: