ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Why is There So Many un-used weapons In Goldeneye?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye 007
View previous topic :: View next topic  
N64King
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 6:39 am    Post subject: Why is There So Many un-used weapons In Goldeneye? Reply with quote Back to top

Like the shotgun,Silver/Gold pp7/,Tazer,Hunting Knife.

Well I have a few explinations:

Shotgun::Found First In Archives
the shogun Originally included in "archives"; is now un-used. 1 many of the reasons is that; Rare could have thought this weapon was too powerful so deleted the gun. Yet it stayed in All Weapons.

Silver/Gold pp7:Uknown Origin
I believe these guns were once used during either Multiplayer or Used by
Ourumov. Because in the movie He dosen't use a TT33. if you look closley he uses a Silver PP7. Idk about Gold though.

Tazer:Surface
since most Beta Pictures of surface include the Tazer. So that clearly shows that It was once included in Surface. and even in the "Big Nintendo Players Guide For Goldeneye*"(More Info below) It shows it as a weapon. But then it was much bigger.

Hunting knife:Jungle
Not alot of Information can be gatherd on this weapon. Yet it could have one time been included in Jungle.

*The Big Players guide was at least a 300 Page Manuel on Playing Goldeneye. I had a copy but sadly it was destroyed over time. 4 pages of the original book still remain(the back,and the two last multiplayer pages) and on it says "Copyright 1996 (C) Nintendo/Rare". This is not the Official Nintendo or the Bradey Games one either.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I hadn't thought about the silver pp7 but you're probably right about that. However, there's one problem. There's no pickup in the game for the silver or gold pp7. Although it just could mean they never did it (though coloring the normla pp7 shouldn't be too hard).

I have the players guide somewhere.

GE MASTER
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Interesting topic.

Shotgun? A lesser of the 2 so they stuck with the best one. The shotgun basically sux and the spread is awful. None the less, it's a great gun for blowing up timed mines in Exotics.

Silver gold pp7...hard to say about that one. I think the gold pp7 was much to powerful in multi, but the silver pp7 is wicked. I'm saying they just ran out of time on these ones.

Taser? Just simply sux. I still think it was a testing device for damages or something. Fun factor? Ziltch.

Hunting Knife...should be in multiplayer. I think again they just ran out of time.

Phantom? To sketchy. Needed to be in multiplayer. A mistake for sure.

N64King
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The Shotgun is a very powerful weapon. Alot of Beta Archives pictures show the shotgun here is two pictures from GE64.net(at least they were on there) on the COMPARISON section

Finished Game

Beta:

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

There's no proof that shot wasn't taken by a developer/tester playing with all guns and maximum ammo enabled, it doesn't necessarily mean the shotgun was in Archives at all. I've never seen an Archives shot of a guard wielding a shotgun, that would be proof to me. My guess is they just forgot about it, the automatic shotgun is only in one level (Unless you count the one Trevelyan carries in Caverns) and they probably didn't have any other places the wanted to use it. It would've fit well in Archives though, I've always preferred its "bang" to the auto shotgun's.

The gold and silver PP7's were probably only intended to be cheats, same with the magnum, they didn't even let you have Natalya's magnum if you killed her. I highly doubt Ouromov was using a PPK in the movie, there are plenty of similar looking guns, the PPK has always been exclusive to Bond.

The Taser in the beta screenshots was stupid looking, not that the Tazer Boy is much better, but at least it looks somewhat like a real Taser. I'm glad it's gone from the game, anyway.

I like your idea that the hunting knives were in Jungle but they'd be pretty useless there. They're basically unarmed, I'd never use them over a gun, and Jungle involves a lot of sniping distant guards and drone guns.

steelman16
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Good points that you are making here! But you cannot determine that the shotgun was orginally used in Goldeneye Beta version.

Ryani
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Its called scrapping something thats not needed.

Something Rare loves to do.

N64King
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I know. I agree with that statement. Like Rare scrapped so much out of Goldeneye it wasn't funny. In Perfect Dark alot was scrapped. Like "where is the Reaper?" or "The N-Bomb!" these two weapons I have yet to find!

Hacker,Farther,Legend

GERage
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

That "beta" pic with the Shotgun in Archives looks fake. Like DB said, that pic could've easily been taken with All Guns and Max Ammo enabled. The textures also look too much like the final game, so I seriously think it was edited in Photoshop to make it look blurred.

Dangerousd777
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The color of the gun might have just been a change in the palette, That seems simple enough and some of the attributes were changed.

Silver goes through doors and people like a magnum

Gold kills in one shot, like the golden gun

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
GERage
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Dragonsbrethren wrote:
I've never seen an Archives shot of a guard wielding a shotgun, that would be proof to me.

Not really. It would be easy to fake if a GS code was used to mod the guard weapons in Archives to shotguns. Those pics are on Detstar too, but Detstar says the pics were taken at the same place in different versions of the game. They're actually different staircases, both of which still exist in the final game.

Maxout

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I first asked the question in my group. Number one and I figured the pp7's silver and gold are just for Bond. And that the other weapons like Tazer and Shotgun were not needed. They left the auto-matic shotgun and I guess the Tazer is just silly.

http://www.youtube.com/Greatermaxim

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye 007 All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: