ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

MCM in PD?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Carrington's Hacker Central
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kode-Z
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 1:16 pm    Post subject: MCM in PD? Reply with quote Back to top

Has anyone come across some sort of MCM in PD? I reckon there could be one, although it probably would have been found by now. Saying that, it took years before the Citadel was found in GE...

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'd be surprised if they didn't have one in PD but it was probably cut before release. Wasn't Goldeneye's completely removed from the PAL release?

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I was able to activate "Bond Move" mode in PD. However it looks like the code for move mode was never updated for the final version of the game because when you activate it, it goes to a weird angle and you can't do much.

N64King
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I agree with Dragonsbrethren. It would have to be cut from the game because Rare could have found the mistake in Goldeneye a good chunk of time after it's release and while they were finishing PD they probably said "We Don't want this to happen agian!".

And I believe they did remove it from the PAL version. The next time i play Goldeneye I will check

Ryani
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Dragonsbrethren wrote:
I'd be surprised if they didn't have one in PD but it was probably cut before release. Wasn't Goldeneye's completely removed from the PAL release?

I.. never checked..

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It is removed in the PAL version. And minorly cleaned up in the NTSC version too.

N64King
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

So in the NTSC Beta, there was more in the MCM? As much as I have seen yea Rare ditched the PAL goldeneye's MCM. Because they had time to do it because the United States Got it before they did.

I am living in the PAL region now. But from 1965 - 2004 I was in America. I moved in 2005(The whole "Death" thing sprung up from there).

Hacker,Farther,Legend

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

More of NTSC MCM would have been functional in the beta version.

N64King
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Does Rare still have any beta goldeneye's left?

Hacker,Farther,Legend

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It depends, I seem to recall they used flash carts for N64 development, any beta copies at Rare were most likely overwritten by another game. You might be better off looking into magazines that got test copies, it's possible someone held onto a copy of the game and is laying low about having it. I'd be amazed if there wasn't at least one beta copy of the game floating around out there, whether we ever get our hands on it is a whole 'nother story. It would be fascinating to see how much was actually cut, the setups already contain a ton of unused things but I want to see if they ever did try implementing the boat to the island or the motorcycle in Runway, what the old Silo layout was like, whether the extra Bonds used their actors' names or not, etc.

Kode-Z
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Even if games magazines still had a GE test copy somewhere, they wouldn't really care as much as we do about what has changed in the game, be it better for worse. I, like most people that post here would love to play the BETA version from start to finish - very unlikely to ever happen!

I'm sure that there could be a MCM in PD though as I'm sure there is still text in the game similar to the GE one. Looks like I'll have to dust off the N64 and Action Replay once more...

zoinkity

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

There are a few codes that let you see your room number in the ammo counter; stuff like that. A full MCM though doesn't exist, and what few debug features are left don't do anything. For once they actually cleaned up their mess.

GE's menu lacks a few features. Some check if a debug console is connected (it apparently set a value in memory) and then uploads/downloads to its crazy memory range. Many aren't linked to anything at all. A few can probably be salvaged, but not many. For instance, you can probably rig the grab RGB, but not the grab jpeg since it doesn't seem to have the compression tables handy.

Now, there are a few beta things in there though. Most notable are all the messages it pops up for Perfect Head.

ColdshadowX
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Dragonsbrethren wrote:
It depends, I seem to recall they used flash carts for N64 development, any beta copies at Rare were most likely overwritten by another game.

Quote:

Marshallh, an active N64 hacker at benheck.com and retroactive.be is currently working on a N64 flash cart and dumper. His plan is to build a gadget that will both dump N64 cartridges to a computer as ROM files and also flash ROM files onto a rewritable N64 cart, much like the now defunct Doctor V64 Jr. He has already dumped Banjo-Kazooie to his computer with success. The flash cart concept will allow N64 enthusiasts to copy ROM files into a cartridge and play them on a real Nintendo, but is in early development.

This could be a dream come true for the dedicated N64 fans who haven't been able to give up the console that has now been superseded by both the Nintendo Gamecube and Wii.

That method Is hard! But I got this thing and it was **** expensive.(Try almost 1,000 dollars)

I actually got one from Nintendo Power!! I am not lying! they had one left over from some game they must have been previewing.

You have to plug it into your computer and there are all these wires and all this stuff; It is a pain but It reads the data/memory from games and lets you see all the lines of codes and stuff that make up that game.

So Far goldeneye hasn't been tryed. PD was and it didn't read anything suspicios. So that cartridge was cleared up pretty well

GE may be a nightmare!

NoastligKnockout
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I have one of those!! I played GE; there is too much glitching, It is scary to play. The noises it makes

The unit price(where I got it) was 10,000 dollars.

Check out my website for more information on this new level!

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

10,000??? You can get it from people for around 400 usually.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Carrington's Hacker Central All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: