ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Is there a way of activating the Gas Keyring?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kode-Z
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 11:15 am    Post subject: Is there a way of activating the Gas Keyring? Reply with quote Back to top

Out of interest, is there any way of activating the gas keyring? It would be great to include in one of my Solo missions.

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

How do you want it to work? Do you want it to act as a normal weapon? That's probably not possible but you should be able to give it some effect using action blocks. I'm not sure if it's a usable gadget or not though, I had that problem trying to use the briefcase as the fingerprint scanner in my Silo mission, I had to switch it to the bomb defuser.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

If I remember correctly, only 2 or 3 gadgets responded to the "if gadget activated", not including the gas keyring. I know bomb defuser worked, that's the only one I remember.

zoinkity

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yep, only a few work. The full list is in the editor under whatever page the 'if gadget activated' is on.

One possible workaround is to test if the item is drawn or test if you are firing it. The first definately works if you don't mind automating the response, and the second is a maybe. You'll just have to try stuff out.
Oh, you could probably do something like this, embedded in a guard action control block:
-if player within range of guard
--if weapon drawn
--make guard drop (hand him a death animation, but don't use kill commands)
--loop until a certain time elapses or whatnot

If you have the keyring out and anyone comes within range they automatically drop. However, that requires making your own guard action blocks and never, ever leaving them.

As for making something fire bullets, you can set all of that in the weapon statistics block. Even weird stuff like the flag can do it. Weapons fire at a certain point in their animation, and there's something like 25 of those. There's a list somewhere. You can also make any weapon use ammunition, including the camera. What's interesting is that the camera has its own ammo counter but doesn't use it. Guess they decided to be nice...

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

zoinkity wrote:
What's interesting is that the camera has its own ammo counter but doesn't use it. Guess they decided to be nice...

That would've actually been pretty cool, have a limited amount of film. Off topic but the fact that you couldn't complete the photograph objectives while using the camera's zoom always bothered me.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wait since when does the camera have a zoom?

Whoa! You learn something every day...this thing does have a zoom...ah, just for spying it seems.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: